VtWForum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Arguing.  (Read 5651 times)

Nunleft

• Worst Thief ever.
  • Baron
  • Nunleft
Re: Arguing.
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2010, 06:18:35 AM »

I'm just waiting for someone to break all the rules in one post...Ive have brough a curse apon this thread, haven't I?

nunleft

"It's a Cool Story, Bro. I needs something else... It needs more..."-Nunleft

Ken

• Administrator
  • Baron
    • Ken's Website
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2010, 07:15:09 AM »

You are one evil, evil mod. ;)

Vandal

• Vassal
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2010, 11:52:46 AM »

GoheX i think number 6 is your best point. Opinions are only just opinions until you have evidence to back them up. I just had to write the largest paper of my life arguing the church vs state problem over the world, and i had roughly 11 pages of writing, and another 4 of just citations. Backing it up is key if you even to have a intelligent argument.

Bazeleel

• Novice
  • Welcome to the Internet
    • eSports by Bazeleel
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2010, 12:22:40 PM »

I'm just waiting for someone to break all the rules in one post...Ive have brough a curse apon this thread, haven't I?

nunleft

must.....not.....break............rules......................*twitch*

Feriluce

• Baron
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2010, 02:32:56 PM »

GoheX i think number 6 is your best point. Opinions are only just opinions until you have evidence to back them up. I just had to write the largest paper of my life arguing the church vs state problem over the world, and i had roughly 11 pages of writing, and another 4 of just citations. Backing it up is key if you even to have a intelligent argument.

This is the internet. Throwing out your oppinions and expecting others to take them seriously is what the internet is all about.

Ken

• Administrator
  • Baron
    • Ken's Website
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2010, 03:09:15 PM »

This is the internet. Throwing out your oppinions and expecting others to take them seriously is what the internet is all about.

I'll refrain from making silly examples ;)

Hope you guys are well.

Bazeleel

• Novice
    • eSports by Bazeleel
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2010, 11:15:56 PM »

1) Do not get into an argument when you're too heated to speak calmly or rationally. It is best to calm yourself before attempting to deal with the conflict. Calm yourself before engaging in any type of conversation this will allow you to think clearly, and come across as a respectable intellectual.

WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU PIG! HOW DARE YOU TELL ME WHEN IM CALM OR NOT! SCREW YOU, YOU NOOB!

2) Do not be confrontational and pose in a defensive manner, but make sure to be assertive when arguing your point by looking at the individual at his eyes. A person communicates assertively by overcoming fear to speak his or her mind or trying to influence others, but doing so in a way that respects the personal boundaries of others. Assertive people are also willing to defend themselves against aggressive incursions.

*stabs out your eyes* what now bitch!

3) Do not blame the person for everything without hearing them out first and avoid using the words "always" and "never".

Seriously i will never stop hating you! You are always so judgmental, a complete jackass, and you never ever are nice you people!

4) Do not use your argument to belittle the person and explain what makes them bad or wrong, but explain how the situation affects and bothers you. Make them understand how their argument is incorrect and illogical to you and why.

Your such a piece of trash! One of the most stupid and moronic people ive ever seen on the internet!!!!!!!!! Your wrong and will ways be wrong!

5) Do not assume or interpret what the person is saying. If you do not understand their argument, ask them to explain it better, without offending if possible.

Ill explain your point for you!!! You think your better then everyone else! You have to be the most stuck up and childish person on the planet!!!

6) Before stating anything you regard as complete fact, find evidence and link it. Make sure your evidence is something reliable however.

Bash me all you want but i have solid proof your a jackass and a moron!!!

Your a FUCKING JACKASS!!!!!

Nunleft

• Worst Thief ever.
  • Baron
  • Nunleft
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2010, 01:52:27 AM »

Damn it, I jynx'd this thread didn't I? Damn it!

"It's a Cool Story, Bro. I needs something else... It needs more..."-Nunleft

Bazeleel

• Novice
    • eSports by Bazeleel
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2010, 06:21:54 AM »

:)

Ken

• Administrator
  • Baron
    • Ken's Website
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2010, 06:35:26 AM »

Sigh Baz, why'd you have to go and do that. Now I'm going to have to hunt you down.

And while you're distracted reading this, I'll be sneaking in your window..
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4