News:

Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66

Author Topic: AUAA  (Read 72535 times)

Tabaxion

• Baron
    • Indeed Podcast
Re: AUAA
« Reply #640 on: November 07, 2014, 11:57:19 AM »

Does it get cold and snow where you live during the Christmas holiday season?  If not, does it seem weird that so many movies/TV shows present Christmas as a snowy holiday?

Holy crapola, that is been quiet all this time.  kinda sad.  Quick.. CPR

Well, in the Pacific Northwest, where our sunshine comes in the form of liquid most of the time.  We have seen a While Christmas or 2 but most of the time, it's freaking cold, and the snow is mostly in the mountains.  Portland is know for a pretty mild winter with few major snow events.  in the 9 years here I have seen 3 major events where the snow was deeper than a foot.   But only last for a few days and melts away.  We don;t get the really deep, long running freezing events.

As for Why is it weird TV/Movies seems to always associate snow with Christmas.   Well, I feel it is a mental note of Norman Rockwell paintings about Christmas that has us always thing of both being together.  One of them American Culture kind of thinking that gives the rest of the world the impression that it has to be this or that to be the right kind of Christmas.   We are a society that feels if it ain't right, it ain't worth nothin'.   This Ideal for Christmas is not all bad, it just plain not the truth for most of the lower 48 in America.   Neverless, we strive to have a White Christmas and when one does happen, it becomes a very special on indeed.  Sing it like Ben Crosby.....

Halloween just passed and we are all on a Sugar high.   Do you celebrate Thanksgiving?  If no, is there a special holiday between Now and Christmas your country celebrates?  If YES, you planning a home cooked, away at relatives, or restaurant Dinner?

-TAB-
Tabaxion

Show Co-Host and all around good guy

Darth Zannah

• Monk
« Reply #641 on: November 08, 2014, 01:56:56 PM »

Yeah we eat our relatives on Thanksgiving, umm I mean we have our relatives over to eat. :-)

Have you ever role playing in a MMO, if so how did your attempt go.

Ken

• Administrator
  • Baron
    • Ken's Website
« Reply #642 on: November 10, 2014, 08:19:57 AM »

Yeah we eat our relatives on Thanksgiving, umm I mean we have our relatives over to eat. :-)

Have you ever role playing in a MMO, if so how did your attempt go.

I was showered in gold at the goldshire tavern as a female night elf.

Ahem.

Can your tongue touch your nose?

Tabaxion

• Baron
    • Indeed Podcast
« Reply #643 on: November 10, 2014, 03:57:55 PM »

Can your tongue touch your nose?

Sadly, No.  I am unable to do such a task.  Which so very few in this world can do.   But with a odd task such as that, I am able do a few others that many do not have the ability to complete.  Such as:
Raise one eyebrow
Gleeking
Wiggle my ears
Curl my tongue
Tickle myself

No, I CAN NOT:
Lick my elbow
Stick My fist in my mouth
Or
Toot my own horn (see the SNL Wil Ferrell Yoga Skit on this one)

What did you have for Lunch today?  A picture would be great!   Please, before you eat the food, not after.

-Tab-
Tabaxion

Tabaxion

• Baron
    • Indeed Podcast
« Reply #644 on: January 13, 2015, 11:10:14 AM »

OK, well, no one liked that question.  Lets try:

For 2015, what major goal do you plan on completing by years end?

-TAB-
Tabaxion

Pusser

• Stalker Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
  • Vassal
  • I am no racist. I hate everybody in equal measures
    • Webwolf
« Reply #645 on: January 14, 2016, 07:58:09 AM »

THREAD NECROMANCY!
In 2015 my goal was to move into a new house.
Goal accomplished. I am settled into a neat little house (though only renting... bank won''t allow a loan to buy the damn thing. I am happy for now)

My goal for 2016 is to build my mews and to get and start training a Harris Hawk.

How about you?

Ken

• Administrator
  • Baron
    • Ken's Website
« Reply #646 on: January 14, 2016, 12:06:18 PM »

THREAD NECROMANCY!
In 2015 my goal was to move into a new house.
Goal accomplished. I am settled into a neat little house (though only renting... bank won''t allow a loan to buy the damn thing. I am happy for now)

My goal for 2016 is to build my mews and to get and start training a Harris Hawk.

How about you?

I had no goals in 2015. But I ended up quitting my job and following a life goal instead of doing my PhD. And I'm so much happier for it!

What are your 2016 goals?

Tabaxion

• Baron
    • Indeed Podcast
« Reply #647 on: January 21, 2016, 02:11:45 PM »

What are your 2016 goals?

Well, 2016.  Let me check.  Well, I failed at my 2015 goals.  So that being noted.
1. Graphic Novel.  I really need to get my Starlines Graphic Novel inked and posted.  About time eh?  My art has suffered due to lack of ...practice.
2. Audio Drama: Brick by Brick was well received by several people I know.  I plan to get all of chapter 1 completed.  That will be 10 shows total.  So I have some serious editing to do.
3. With a new Computer comes new responsibilities.  Guess I need to organize all audio works I have done on their own drive and store it.  -A process I have already started.
4. Print my first book.  (COMPLETED)   Thanks to the help with Roxy.  We just printed our first book "What Pally am I"  Which looks amazing and expecting my copies to be in by Jan 27th.  **Thanks ROXY*  /hugs
5. SCOTLAND in August.  getting things together and planned for my Scotland trip in August to show my kids where the name MORTON comes from by visiting Castle Morton. Also to visit that crazy guy that lives there.  Whats-his-face.....yeah him

*Note these are personal goals.  Which I need to work around my Professional Work stuff goals.  Needless to say is going to be a VERY busy year at work!

With all the advancements that humans are making.   Which great advancement do you want to see in 2016.  Commercial Space Flight, A new Cure of some ailment, New laws passed, or something else?

-TAB-

Tabaxion

Tabaxion

• Baron
    • Indeed Podcast
« Reply #648 on: December 04, 2017, 01:20:29 PM »

2016 wassss sooooooo Borning...that noone had real goals....we just give up hope and coasted through the year.

kinda sad
Tabaxion

Pusser

• Stalker Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
  • Vassal
  • I am no racist. I hate everybody in equal measures
    • Webwolf
« Reply #649 on: December 05, 2017, 04:24:22 PM »

Remember to post a new question, nubface ;)

I got one!

If you had the skills, tools and materials to make one awesome piece of costume, what would it be and why?
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66