VtWForum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: A strange question to ask in a geek culture forum  (Read 3295 times)

Ken

• Administrator
  • Baron
    • Ken's Website
Re: A strange question to ask in a geek culture forum
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2010, 10:15:15 AM »

@Gohex, making a smiley face? :)

If you mean in the mirror, I don't tend to unless I'm quite bored, but it then is usually a happy santa =p

And if you mean with my ASCII smilies, I prefer them over the tiny little yellow ones. :]

Eid

• I post to much
  • Baron
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2010, 10:22:08 AM »

I mean in the mirror, but on the forums anything goes '^

Vaulisel

• Baron
  • Fashionista
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2010, 09:45:39 AM »

Thanks for your tips everyone; I'm putting several of them into action, and in particular using a moisturizer after shaving seems to be helping a bunch.

On a related note, approximately how often e.g. after how many shaves do y'all swap out the blades on a razor?

Bazeleel

• Novice
  • Welcome to the Internet
    • eSports by Bazeleel
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2010, 10:36:57 AM »

Thanks for your tips everyone; I'm putting several of them into action, and in particular using a moisturizer after shaving seems to be helping a bunch.

On a related note, approximately how often e.g. after how many shaves do y'all swap out the blades on a razor?

Well if you have http://www.boots.com/en/Gillette-Fusion-Stealth-Power-Razor_48161/ You need to change it when you start to see white specks on the blue strip, that lets you know its time to change. Anything else id say every 1-2 weeks depending on how often you shave.

Ken

• Administrator
  • Baron
    • Ken's Website
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2010, 11:31:21 AM »

well it really depends mate. I change mine every couple of months 'cause I keep my beard but I shave my neck, I like the beard to outline my face (and hide the fact I don't have a chin!) so it depends on both how often you shave (e.g. if it's daily then you'll need to change more often) and if your stubble is brittle or still soft (bum fluff!), the more brittle the quicker you'll have to change.

But an estimation of what you've told us I'd say once a month would be safe. An easy way to tell is when it gets hard to shave ;)

Feriluce

• Baron
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2010, 11:58:28 AM »

Am I the only one thats lazy and use a shaver?

Eid

• I post to much
  • Baron
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2010, 12:55:18 AM »

Am I the only one thats lazy and use a shaver?

I do sometimes, but find the results aren't as good and it's not much quicker.

Eid

Vaulisel

• Baron
  • Fashionista
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2010, 06:27:01 AM »

well it really depends mate. I change mine every couple of months 'cause I keep my beard but I shave my neck, I like the beard to outline my face (and hide the fact I don't have a chin!) so it depends on both how often you shave (e.g. if it's daily then you'll need to change more often) and if your stubble is brittle or still soft (bum fluff!), the more brittle the quicker you'll have to change.

But an estimation of what you've told us I'd say once a month would be safe. An easy way to tell is when it gets hard to shave ;)
Frankly it's kind of hard for me to shave with even a fresh blade; with my stubble it's like trying to shave a wire brush. It's because it's so hard to shave normally that it's quite hard to tell when the blade is sharp or blunt, and I rather dislike using the "Is my skin savaged and bleeding today?" indicator.
In fact, part of the reason I ditched my electric shaver was because it would blunt in a few months and start to extract my hairs rather than cut them.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 06:28:51 AM by Vaulisel »
Pages: 1 [2]