VtWForum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: World's Fattest Woman  (Read 2353 times)

Aliandras

• Monk
  • The Battle Mistress
World's Fattest Woman
« on: March 23, 2010, 07:44:22 PM »

http://www.examiner.com/x-14447-Boca-Raton-Extreme-Weight-Loss-Examiner~y2010m3d23-Worlds-Fattest-Mom-on-Entertainment-Tonight
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/2010/03/17/2010-03-17_plusplus_models_the_next_big_thing.html

There is a 42 year old woman who is already in the Guinness Book of World Records as being the "World's Fattest Mom". She is currently 600 pounds. As if this was not crazy enough, she actually hopes to gain another 400 pounds over the next two years in order to become the "World's Fattest Woman". In some places in the media she is saying that is false, in other places she is saying that is true. Either way, she admits that she would like to be heavier.  Seriously? I don't understand how she can do this to herself. She is very confident in herself, feels sexy, and is actually earning decent money being a model for men who like super-sized women. You would think that her family would try to convince her to do otherwise, especially since she is already on medication for diabetes not to mention the other numerous health risks. But no, her husband is actually fully supporting her because likes her size. I am happy for her that she feels confident and sexy, but even then....I just don't get it. Am I the only one?
"Rule #32: Enjoy the little things" ~ Zombieland

Ken

• Administrator
  • Baron
    • Ken's Website
Re: World's Fattest Woman
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2010, 08:04:49 PM »

She's completely entitled to slowly kill herself, just like smokers, drug users, etc. Wait minus the last one.

Though I'm sure every religion in the world is vs. her, as are morals saying poverty needed those pies. ;)

Aliandras

• Monk
  • The Battle Mistress
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2010, 08:08:44 PM »

Oh I agree, she is completely entitled. However, I am just sad for her. Can you imagine how tragic it would be for her family if she died in the process of achieving this goal?
"Rule #32: Enjoy the little things" ~ Zombieland

Ebion

• The Cruelest Creature on the Planet
  • Baron
  • Snooze
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2010, 08:33:33 PM »

You know, when I first heard about this woman on the radio on the way to school I was wondering how she thinks it's cool to kill herself and deny her children their mother and her husband his wife just so she can be recognized as the fattest pig in the pen, but now that it seems that everyone is against her, I'm not so sure I agree with them.

Sure, I do agree that she is being selfish, I know it's her life/her body, but if you have kids and a husband, YOU GAVE UP THE RIGHT TO DO WHAT YOU WANT. However, if she is making so much money doing these kinds of things as she tries to meet her goal of being the fattest woman -ALIVE-, I'm just gonna turn a blind eye to it. As long as her family is taken care of, I won't and can't judge her on being fat, being a fat bastard myself. Unfortunately for me, it's not by choice. For reference, I have a disease that kills my metabolism and doctors won't touch me until I'm 18, and even then it's shifty because part of the same condition screws with my nerves and makes surgery a really painful option. Either way, even in my condition I'd rather be in pain and lose weight than remain as big as I am. I really found it personally disheartening that some WOMAN of all people would want to be fat. But like I said, who am I to judge?

Vandal

• Vassal
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2010, 12:47:22 AM »

She should just go away. This is what we call an attention whore.

Cdball

• Novice
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2010, 08:44:00 AM »

If this is what makes her happy, then by all means let her do it but if this is a publicity stunt, she is one of the world's stupidest people too. Which one is it? We will never know.
"Huh? What's 4-20?" "You're so socially retarded..."

Bazeleel

• Novice
  • Welcome to the Internet
    • eSports by Bazeleel
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2010, 01:45:03 PM »

Eat a salad?

Seriously why are people so lazy, they can change everything if they would put down the bigmac and care about their own life.

Part of me feels sorry for these kinda of people and part of me doesnt.

Red Dog Dragon

• Baron
  • Pink Pony is Best Pony
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2010, 11:31:05 AM »

She's a good example of why health insurance companies should be allowed to deny coverage.

This reminds me of a relative I have, she's not going for a world record, but she basically decided to give up on a normal life and just sits on her ass all day.  She now lives either in a nursing home, or nearby hospitals since her health is in the shitter (it's so bad, she's caused permanent spinal damage and she can't walk anymore.)

Worst part?  She has a 10 year old son that my folks had to adopt because she obviously can't raise him let alone herself anymore.  Sadly, I'm apparently the only one in my family that feels we need to cut her off and stop offering her support.

Ebion

• The Cruelest Creature on the Planet
  • Baron
  • Snooze
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2010, 02:13:28 PM »

She's a good example of why health insurance companies should be allowed to deny coverage.

This reminds me of a relative I have, she's not going for a world record, but she basically decided to give up on a normal life and just sits on her ass all day.  She now lives either in a nursing home, or nearby hospitals since her health is in the shitter (it's so bad, she's caused permanent spinal damage and she can't walk anymore.)

Worst part?  She has a 10 year old son that my folks had to adopt because she obviously can't raise him let alone herself anymore.  Sadly, I'm apparently the only one in my family that feels we need to cut her off and stop offering her support.

I agree on the premise that people who don't want to better themselves like this woman are terrible and if they refuse the support they are given, they need to be cut off. However, that is not to say the support shouldn't be their to begin assisting the person if they finally choose to accept the help, let alone not be their at all and screw everybody over.

Social and ethical debate aside, especially since this isn't Serious Business, I can't help but wonder what her poor kids think about all of this. Surely if their mother is known in the community, that must be a rough school career. Could you imagine the mom AND the fat jokes? I mean, his momma IS so fat! But also, you don't want those kids to get the idea that destroying your health for some stupid record is ok either, and I really hope one of their parents are aware of this and are teaching them properly.

cogzwell

• Monk
  • Speed of light = Bird with knife duct taped to it
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2010, 04:40:52 PM »

whatever floats your boat....
...funny enough 1000 pound women is what i use to make my boat float, all that fat floats on water you know....
Pages: [1] 2