VtWForum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Show Feedback  (Read 4643 times)

Serathis

• Monk
Re: Show Feedback
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2011, 06:20:35 AM »

Maybe just for me, but the voices seem to be too quiet.

Aristile

• Cuttest Kitten
  • Baron
  • VtW's Little Princess
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2011, 12:46:00 PM »

I apologize for all the technical difficulties I was having this week. Everything was working against us this week to stop me from doing the show. In the end fern had to edit her due to my internet acting up, so normal volume level normalization will not be present unfortunately. Hopefully things will return to form this week.

Fernurion

• Baron
  • Hipster Frog
Re: Re: Show Feedback
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2012, 06:48:00 PM »

We are now 16 shows in and are getting into the stride of the show. That said there is still a lot of room for improvement, so time to kick this thread into gear again. At this point there are a couple of tech issues that stand out.

-Word clipping: something we're working on constantly. The problem here arises from having to use Ventrilo for recording. The material that gets recorded is often different from what we hear while.doing the show. While most of the differences are beneficial (Better quality, reduced distortion when Ari does his sexytime voice) the side effect of that is the beginning and end of each sound clip is cut off at a variable length, seemingly dependant on how much cleaning up of the voice clip happens during recording. There are number of solutions to this which are being explored.

- Sound levels. For the most part this has been sorted out, but still pops up occasionally. Just requires a bit more vigilance with editing, and maybe adding a test download to the weekly scheduling procedure.

What we'd really could use at this point is feedback on content. So tell us, what do you enjoy or hate, want to see more or less of. Enjoy creepy voices and screwed up email readings (I know, working on it, need to unlearn years of arguably bad reading habits first) or maybe see a more focused direction? Pony droppins, make our own or get rid if them entirely? There are no wrong answers so tell us what you think.

Once again, thanks everyone for your support. This has been a huge learning experience for all of us and we're glad to see you all enjoying it.

Aeyup.

Aristile

• Cuttest Kitten
  • Baron
  • VtW's Little Princess
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2012, 10:30:49 PM »

Sound quality on the live stream is also a known and being worked on issue.
We are also aware the NLR rep page is out of date, we'll update it after the next major event we host with prizes.
Yes we are working on the sudden distortion from my mic that shows up every other show.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 10:44:01 PM by Aristile »

Pusser

• Stalker Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
  • Vassal
  • I am no racist. I hate everybody in equal measures
    • Webwolf
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2012, 06:15:39 AM »

Please please PLEASE kill those Vent bleeps.

Aristile

• Cuttest Kitten
  • Baron
  • VtW's Little Princess
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2012, 01:26:13 PM »

To quote Han Solo "He told me he fixed it!". The more things that are fixed the more things break. I'll work on it, I haven't had time to listen to the past few shows Pusser, thanks for letting me know. Should be fixed next week. No doubt it has to do with Luna getting slowly fixed. She breaks EVERYTHING! :P

Sekani

• Baron
  • You don't care about any of this
    • sekani2.com
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2012, 04:24:24 PM »

Would it also help if Ari ran with an open mic so that his voice won't cut off before he finishes his sentences?

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2

Thepalerider

• Monk
  • Towards a Brighter Future
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2012, 04:43:37 PM »

I did notice that was a problem some times, but always forgot until I listened to the show again. I concur.

Fernurion

• Baron
  • Hipster Frog
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2012, 08:11:57 PM »

As far as the vent beeps go, that's an easy fix. The beeps heard in the last show came from the temporary Lunabot, and will be sorted out next show.

Ari cutting his sentences is a trickery problem. While recording he sounds fine, however on review during editing, each of his sound bites seems to drop the last half a second. The simplest fix for this is to have his Mic set to be always open, which should work provided background noise is not an issue (a lot of which can be cleaned up in post). Use of a different service is unfortunately a limited option, as Vaul's internet tends to explode at the mere mention of Skype. The best option is to find what's causing the clipping.  I've narrowed the cause down to a few possibilities so we can hopefully get this issue sorted soon.

Thanks for the feedback folks, keep it up!

Aeyup.

Serathis

• Monk
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2013, 03:36:04 PM »

Episode bot went to hell?
Pages: 1 [2] 3