VtWForum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: WoW (even easier) Mode.  (Read 4878 times)

Darth Xanith

• Baron
WoW (even easier) Mode.
« on: September 19, 2011, 05:04:25 AM »

Because a part of me like setting fires and watching them burn, check this story out:

http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/119/1195103p1.html

So apparently even the dumbed down normal mode is too hard for many of the scrubs who play WoW, and thus Blizzard has finally made an easy mode version of the Deathwing encounter (lol) seperate from the main version exclusively for 25 man LFG pugs with lesser loot and apparently no raidlock allowing you to spam the thing endlessly.

Discuss.

Nunleft

• Worst Thief ever.
  • Baron
  • Nunleft
Re: WoW (even easier) Mode.
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2011, 07:01:31 AM »

I no longer play WoW so I cannot give a good opinion on this. However, looking at the past...People will still whine this is too hard and demand an easier Deathwing encounter.

Nunleft

"It's a Cool Story, Bro. I needs something else... It needs more..."-Nunleft

Octale

• Lord of the Hateorade
  • Staff Member
  • Baron
  • This is the text that doesn't end. Yes it goes on
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2011, 08:38:45 AM »

Is anyone surprised?

There's a Star Wars MMO coming out sometime soon.  What's play #1 in the Blizzard playbook when an MMO with a pre-built fanbase is about to come out?  Buy the loyalty of bad players with good gear.

Raid Finder is a clever way of doing it; however, I predict either the easy mode Deathwing is so easy, it won't be capable of killing anyone (see all the Wrath heroics and all of Tier 7), or people will use the encounter to grind points/badges and be risk averse enough to never use Raid Finder in the first place.
Studio Manager
Production Manager
Destroyer of Populists

Darahas

• Friar
  • That one dude.
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2011, 01:15:01 PM »

This is sad.

Octale, I think you give the baddies too much credit. They'll probably still fail horrendously. And ask for nerfs. The only way they will be able to even attempt to get pass trash is from the better raider whose raid got cancelled.

Onin

• Vassal
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2011, 02:12:12 PM »

Since when is the third difficulty level suddenly a BAD thing?

The scrubs that raid easy mode won't get good gear, won't get the legendary and in generally won't even be real raiders. Who cares if they're able to see the same boss model as you? They're still doing easy mode.

All this does is guarantee that normal mode is of normal difficulty, rather than normal-until-we-nerf-it-by-fking-40%-and-laugh-at-you, and heroic can actually stay heroic as well.

Darth Xanith

• Baron
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2011, 02:48:05 PM »

It's bad because in the final raid of an expansion you are supposed to man up and conquer it through effort, not by joining a 25 man pug and chain-killing the boss on faceroll mode. Sure for now the loot is lesser but I give it a month before the normal version is adjusted to "help transition people from freebie mode to actually trying a little".

That said, I don't feel as strongly about it as I might have 12 months ago, quite frankly WoW isn't my problem anymore.

Ken

• Administrator
  • Baron
    • Ken's Website
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2011, 03:00:40 PM »

Well in my opinion WoW has been going downhill. Not necessarily dying playerbase wise, but certainly content and replayability wise. You can only have one cataclysm to make the initial content interesting ONCE. Plus too much demand, not enough supply: not necessarily Blizzard's fault: they're catering to casuals, hardcores, people who play 12 hours a day, people who play one hour a week. It's impossible to aim at such a wide audience and do well. Well, not impossible, but certainly not stable to continue doing so..

Sekani

• Baron
  • You don't care about any of this
    • sekani2.com
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2011, 11:37:41 PM »

I likely won't ever touch the Raid Finder or its easy mode so I really don't care. Erathor will have a blast with it though, I'm sure.

I'm more upset with the upcoming nerfs to current (tier 12) content. Apparently if you're not a Top 1% guild Blizzard thinks you're not clearing the content fast enough or some B.S.

Onin

• Vassal
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2011, 03:46:17 AM »

Well in my opinion WoW has been going downhill. Not necessarily dying playerbase wise, but certainly content and replayability wise. You can only have one cataclysm to make the initial content interesting ONCE. Plus too much demand, not enough supply: not necessarily Blizzard's fault: they're catering to casuals, hardcores, people who play 12 hours a day, people who play one hour a week. It's impossible to aim at such a wide audience and do well. Well, not impossible, but certainly not stable to continue doing so..
I do agree with this sentiment. The most fun I'm getting out of WoW right now is making my own fun, by soloing old raids. :3

Octale

• Lord of the Hateorade
  • Staff Member
  • Baron
  • This is the text that doesn't end. Yes it goes on
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2011, 07:29:02 AM »

Since when is the third difficulty level suddenly a BAD thing?

The scrubs that raid easy mode won't get good gear, won't get the legendary and in generally won't even be real raiders. Who cares if they're able to see the same boss model as you? They're still doing easy mode.

All this does is guarantee that normal mode is of normal difficulty, rather than normal-until-we-nerf-it-by-fking-40%-and-laugh-at-you, and heroic can actually stay heroic as well.

Since a third difficulty has been utterly unnecessary, which, in my opinion is the very beginning of the game.

You want the walking man's tour of the fight?  Youtube and Tankspot provide exactly that, in HD, and (most importantly) don't give loot!  Sounds perfect for the "I'm not good enough to do this fight on Normal despite the fact that the last Normal Mode that was hard was SSC" crowd.

Blizzard stopped playing to win, and started playing not to lose at the end of TBC.  They've been playing not to lose since then, and, in what should come as no surprise to anyone, as soon as you start playing not to lose, you start losing.
Studio Manager
Production Manager
Destroyer of Populists
Pages: [1] 2 3