VtWForum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Coffee Fiend  (Read 2615 times)

Ken

• Administrator
  • Baron
    • Ken's Website
Coffee Fiend
« on: September 13, 2011, 07:59:51 AM »

Hey all,

As computing geeks, the majority of you I suspect will be deeply in love with coffee. And as such I thought we should talk about it a little.

First off: If you have a preferred café, state it's name (i.e. Starbucks, Costa, Local shop)

Secondly, what kind do you prefer? Latté, cappacino, do you prefer hot chocolates, iced coffee, home made instant?

I only really visit Starbucks (such a hipster!) mainly 'cause it's better than the costa we have available in uni, and it's one or the other. But, I do like starbucks anyway. I usually have a venti (large) café macchiato (caramel!)

Vaulisel

• Baron
  • Fashionista
Re: Coffee Fiend
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2011, 08:45:51 AM »

Um, I buy an Italian roast at the supermarket and stick it in the coffee plunger? No milk, no sugar, 2-3 times the amount recommended on the packet. Uncomplicated.

Dunno what it's like elsewhere, but here Starbucks is ruinously overpriced for mediocre coffee, and the Uni cafés are ruinously overpriced for paint thinner masquerading as coffee.

Gnomewise

• Staff Member
  • Friar
  • Gnome chicks are Hawt.
    • Casually Hardcore
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2011, 09:18:30 AM »

Favorite cafe: My Kitchen

I have developed an unholy liking for the Dunkin' Donuts House Blend beans as my morning cup. I grind about double what the bag says to use, and brew in a press for about 4 minutes (in fact, I have the kettle on right now). I take it with cream and sugar.

When out in the world, I will usually order a mocha. When I lived in Everett, north of Seattle, I had gotten in the habit of taking it with 3 extra shots of Espresso. I have since dialed it back to Mortal.

Now, if you'll excuse me, the kettle is whistling...

'Wise

Eid

• I post to much
  • Baron
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2011, 10:03:23 AM »

At home I've a bean to cup machine that I adore for it's almost perfect combination of speed, simplicity and quality. I tend to use either Arabacia or sometimes Mocha beans from my local coffee place. I usually have a bag of supermarket espresso beans in the house for 'emergencies' too... Usually I'll drink it black, no sugar although sometimes I'll take it with milk or (preferably) cream.

When I am out I tend to avoid Starbucks since I find their coffee a little bitter for me (it just feels like someone's burnt it) I also consider it overpriced. I quite like AMT's coffee and embarrassingly enough McDonald's coffee is 'ok' these days too.

If it HAS to be instant then I prefer Kenco Smooth.

Eid

John

• That -1 Guy.
  • Baron
  • The -1
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2011, 08:55:16 PM »

My most favorite bran of coffee is White Mountian coffee, but the coffee I drink the most is 8 oclock coffee. Its a strong brew but its amazing when you cant wake up. You go from " 5 more minutes mom" to "WHEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!" in a heartbeat.

TheWanderingBard

• Baron
  • Depressingly Accurate
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2011, 08:50:37 AM »

Earl Grey/ Lady Grey tea. I find the taste of coffee repulsive.

202. My character descriptions cannot contain more than one of the following words: Slavic, Tonedeaf, Karaoke, Musician.
2125 things Mr. Welch is no longer allowed in an RPG

Ken

• Administrator
  • Baron
    • Ken's Website
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2011, 10:01:27 AM »

Interestingly enough coffee is filled with a substance known as tannins, which are naturally bitter to prevent then from being eaten. Sadly for them we've grown to enjoy some bitter drinks and foods.

RK9

• Monk
  • "Uhh I think I have someone stuck in my teeth"
    • Gaming Channel
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2011, 08:29:04 PM »

I used to work at starbucks....let me tell you they have the WORST coffee out there! I have always enjoyed my coffee self brewed. I like the really rich coffee in the morning and if it is my day off work I tend to go for coffee with honey.

There is a locally owned coffee shop in our out-door mall and they have the best coffee ive ever had :)

First off: If you have a preferred café, state it's name (i.e. Starbucks, Costa, Local shop)
Local shop called "The Flying Joe"

Secondly, what kind do you prefer? Latté, cappacino, do you prefer hot chocolates, iced coffee, home made instant?
My most favorite is smoothies with espresso shots in them, in the fall and winter it is hot coco with coffee and/or coffee with honey or just black.

Raymonong

• Monk
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2011, 10:04:40 PM »

Favorite spot for joe is my house, when my brother came back from working in canada he bought my parents a rediculously awesome Espresso machine, and it makes the best fucking espresso/latte I have ever had

I drink Latte's mostly (and yes I'm missing the accent), every now and then go for a double espresso but that's for extreme circumstances

Darth Xanith

• Baron
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2011, 08:50:02 AM »

It's all about this stall that appears at my city's Christmas Market, and more recently on the Saturday Market.

They do the nicest Hot chocolate ever, Ghirardelli's double hot chocolate with a shot of any spirit you want (typically Bailieys or Amaretto for me), covered in whip cream, chocolate sprinkles and a lashing of Ghirardelli caramel sauce.
Pages: [1] 2