VtWForum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: WoW shows  (Read 1848 times)

Drager

• Novice
WoW shows
« on: September 05, 2011, 05:44:00 PM »

So I have a small question.

With the entire CH crew not playing WoW any more, 2040 was not about WoW, Show X isnt really about it, Emp does almost no coverage of it, Warcraft Anonamoyus is MIA.

So with this station coming out of WOW Radio, is there anyone going to cover WoW anymore?

Don't get me wrong here. I still enjoy the shows that I listen too to hear about all other things, but there was also some coverage of WoW.

Is there any plans to have a show about WoW or maybe even WA coming back?

Yes, I know there is The Instance on here but it is not really a VTW show.

OK thats my 2 cents worth.

Ken

• Administrator
  • Baron
    • Ken's Website
Re: WoW shows
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2011, 05:58:03 PM »

Good question.

Warcraft Anonymous will hopefully be rejoining us as soon as they can. But, like you have probably noticed, there are declining numbers of WoW players in the community. And I don't mean people are leaving the community, I mean they're leaving WoW. Whether that's limited to VTW or not, I can't judge, but here WoW isn't doing too well.

As far as I'm aware (I'm not on EXCOM [executive comittee] so I am not entirely in the loop on new shows) there are no plans for a new WoW show. But, we're always on the look for new shows to the station.

Thanks for the message, good to hear thoughts of listeners. And if I haven't welcomed you already, welcome to the forums, Drager.

Scrubpuppy

• Vassal
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2011, 07:57:42 AM »

I actually started playing again in the EC guild on Coilfang, just for the PVP. I'm sure Emp would have covered it more, but he got put on the DL from pwning too much.

Emperor

• Baron
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2011, 10:41:54 AM »

So I have a small question.

With the entire CH crew not playing WoW any more, 2040 was not about WoW, Show X isnt really about it, Emp does almost no coverage of it, Warcraft Anonamoyus is MIA.

So with this station coming out of WOW Radio, is there anyone going to cover WoW anymore?

Don't get me wrong here. I still enjoy the shows that I listen too to hear about all other things, but there was also some coverage of WoW.

Is there any plans to have a show about WoW or maybe even WA coming back?

Yes, I know there is The Instance on here but it is not really a VTW show.

OK thats my 2 cents worth.

I cover it, but my show isn't dedicated to it. We'll cover if an event or a patch or a large issue is taking place, but thats about it.

Drager

• Novice
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2011, 12:18:02 PM »

Thanks for all the info. I know that many people have stopped playing WoW for many different reasons. I also know there are a lot of other shows out there covering it (The Instance, RAWRCast, All things Azeroth) but I like the staff here and enjoy their thoughts.

Loved going to the dance parties, etc and hearing how people were doing and handling RL vs WoW. :)

I myself have had several friends either stop playing entirely or cut their time back.

I just really enjoyed being able to listen to shows during the week to catch up on things (live on my phone or podcast).

I really hope that Warcraft Anonymous comes back soon. I liked Wipe, Rinse, Repeat and miss Essence of RP. Oh well, I still enjoy the station and listen all day Sunday starting with 2040 and ending with EC or CH depending on Emps schedule (and his slacker cohorts  ;D)

Keep up all the good work and Ill still be listening.

DeusEx

• Eisenzerstörer
  • Baron
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2011, 09:15:08 PM »

I find that a lot of my former Warcraft podcasts have stopped playing. I met the hosts behind Rawrcast at Quakecon this year, and even then they said they were tired of WoW and had been for quite some time.

Natural20

• Baron
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2011, 12:17:43 PM »

If I didn't have to go through the mindless rigmarole of leveling I might still be playing.

BiomedAlchemist

• Vassal
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2011, 02:24:01 PM »

...tired of WoW and had been for quite some time.

Which is the name of my BrewGuy cover band. ;)

-BMA

Red Dog Dragon

• Baron
  • Pink Pony is Best Pony
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2011, 04:03:45 PM »

...tired of WoW and had been for quite some time.

Which is the name of my BrewGuy cover band. ;)

-BMA
Too wordy, I'd say that was your first album title.

Or maybe just "Tired of WoW" as a band name.