VtWForum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Buzz the Tower?  (Read 6409 times)

Erathor

• Monk
Buzz the Tower?
« on: August 11, 2011, 05:30:10 AM »

I was watching the DP show today and he show a video (sorry best quality I could find):

Are you freaking kidding me? The amount of disrespect not being snubbed out immediately... Even when games are played in person, you get this kind of nonsense. Respect the game, your teammates AND your opponents please...

BTW his team loses the game 14-6.

Ebion

• The Cruelest Creature on the Planet
  • Baron
  • Snooze
Re: Buzz the Tower?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2011, 07:35:54 AM »

I don't get it, what's supposed to be the problem here?

The hitter hit the homerun and celebrated, like he should be able too.

The pitcher looked quite upset, as he should for pretty much giving up the game. I don't blame him for that.(3 run home-run)

Where's this so called "Disrespect?" None of the kids were rushing the mound to rub it in the pitchers face, or doing anything that I'd call "disrespectful" behavior.

Vaulisel

• Baron
  • Fashionista
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2011, 08:17:29 AM »

I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be looking for here. All the YouTube comments seem to think the kid's a douche but I have no idea what he did that was so deplorable. He made a homerun and celebrated with his team. Is this some weird baseball etiquette thing? You aren't allowed to celebrate?

The website linked in the video's comment says the kid taunted the other team. I can't figure out what bit is a taunt.

Aristile

• Cuttest Kitten
  • Baron
  • VtW's Little Princess
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2011, 04:33:40 PM »

I don't see... anything wrong with this. I celebrated by giving high fives when I was in little league too.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 04:35:12 PM by Aristile »

Erathor

• Monk
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2011, 06:20:25 PM »

These 3 comments... make me even more sad.

Xavierson

• Vassal
  • It is all about having fun!
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2011, 08:15:45 PM »

That was nothing...he ran round the bases and then celebrated with his team. It is no different to this:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTMubKRHACE[/youtube]

AND...these guys are PROFESSIONALS!  ;D

Vaulisel

• Baron
  • Fashionista
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2011, 11:06:15 PM »

These 3 comments... make me even more sad.
Classic Erathor.

Unilateral declaration, no explanation or justification, everyone but him is wrong.

I watched that video a dozen times and I still don't get it. Are high fives a social faux-pas in baseball? I'm pretty sure there aren't any other major sports that uptight.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 11:09:16 PM by Vaulisel »

Erathor

• Monk
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2011, 02:44:23 AM »

Well I'll explain, these kids are 12, they are learning the game: the fundamentals and the history. I ask you to watch the clip one more time especially the part right after he makes contact with the pitch 0:33.

Kid put your head down and run to first base! No I puff out my chest, strut and mouth "its gone". Is it any surprise his team lost the game and is gone from the tournament?

As for the soccer clip, I'm pretty sure if the goal scorer ran up in front of the goalie's face and puffed out his chest, he'd get socked.

« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 03:25:33 AM by Erathor »

Ebion

• The Cruelest Creature on the Planet
  • Baron
  • Snooze
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2011, 05:05:27 AM »

Kid put your head down and run to first base! No I puff out my chest, strut and mouth "its gone". Is it any surprise his team lost the game and is gone from the tournament?

Okay...I still don't see the problem here. Being proud that he just hit a three-run homerun isn't disrespectful to the other team. Hell, it'd be disrespectful to yourself NOT to be proud of smashing such a poorly thrown ball right out of the park.

Besides that, I doubt that this was cockiness, or that it had any bearing on why his team lost that game. It looked to me like it was a close game to start with by the scores, even without the kid hitting the homerun being proud of his accomplishment.

Xavierson

• Vassal
  • It is all about having fun!
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2011, 06:04:40 AM »

Well I'll explain, these kids are 12, they are learning the game: the fundamentals and the history. I ask you to watch the clip one more time especially the part right after he makes contact with the pitch 0:33.

As for the soccer clip, I'm pretty sure if the goal scorer ran up in front of the goalie's face and puffed out his chest, he'd get socked.

My point was that the kid -didn't- puff run up to the pitcher and rub it in his face. He hit the ball, ran, celebrated with his teammates. He hit an amazing shot and got his team a 3 run homerun. You would celebrate just like anybody would...jesus...your right, he -is- 12, that means he is allowed to enjoy his achievements and children are like that sometimes. They are growing up and learning and frankly everybody makes mistakes. (Not saying he did since he didn't do anything wrong). Erathor, lighten up please.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4