VtWForum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Borderlands 2  (Read 2650 times)

Darth Xanith

• Baron
Borderlands 2
« on: August 02, 2011, 04:40:30 PM »

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/118/1185709p1.html

Pre-emptively you're NOT allowed to recommend it Octale!
Seriously though am looking forward to this, I hope they build up on and flesh the game out a lot from how it was in the first game :)

Edge Damodred

• Monk
Re: Borderlands 2
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2011, 04:33:25 PM »

I'd like to see a proper PC version of the game this time. Editing config files is fun and all but... Plus please please please no Gamespy this time too! Also a proper closed server for hosting characters so there's no rampant modding. Kinda sad that your own character gets modded just for joining someone's game. Chances any of it will happen are next to nil if I'm going by Gearbox's track record. That stuff should have been taken care of long before 67 Bazillion guns were made.

Unfortunately Borderlands was the game that also stopped me buying games on release due to all the Game of the Year editions with all the DLC included at a reduced price a year later.

Ken

• Administrator
  • Baron
    • Ken's Website
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2011, 04:47:57 PM »

I can't wait. Look forward to properly reading up on it later.

Pym

• Monk
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2011, 08:06:45 PM »

Most likely gonna play that one, since I did enjoy my 140 hours on Borderlands. I would've liked the setting to be on another planet than Pandora, but I assume they can make it different enough to be very cool. And I do want to see what happens with the various corporations and such. Also, I sincerely hope Patricia Tannis will be in that one too (That was the crazy scientist that just went crazier and crazier, she was awesome)
My favourite heretic in Christian history is a man called Ebion. -Stephen Tomkins

Barryva

• The Baron VonAwesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Baron
  • Scourge of the 7 IRC's
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2011, 08:51:59 PM »

let me be the first to say: SEQUEL-LANDS!!!

Vaulisel

• Baron
  • Fashionista
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2011, 01:05:24 AM »

Also, I sincerely hope Patricia Tannis will be in that one too (That was the crazy scientist that just went crazier and crazier, she was awesome)
Maybe she will have patched her relationship up with her voice recording device by the time of the sequel?

Darth Xanith

• Baron
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2011, 11:12:25 AM »

Maybe she will have patched her relationship up with her voice recording device by the time of the sequel?

I dunno, it did embark on that extended affair with General Nox after she dumped it and all...

Red Dog Dragon

• Baron
  • Pink Pony is Best Pony
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2011, 11:29:31 AM »

I'm looking forward to it.  I just hope they expand on things.  As much as I enjoyed the game, it sure did get fucking boring killing the same damn bandits over and over and over again.

I dunno, it did embark on that extended affair with General Nox after she dumped it and all...
POTTERGATE!
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 01:01:42 PM by Red Dog Dragon »

Darth Xanith

• Baron
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2011, 12:33:06 PM »

POTTERGATE![/i]

Pffft anyone who at this point didn't know that deserves to have it spoiled!