VtWForum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Royal Wedding  (Read 4494 times)

sirNik

• Vassal
  • While I am still Blonde, I am no longer Blondie.
Re: Royal Wedding
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2011, 11:32:25 AM »

How long is his upper body if his groin is down there?!
Host of

Kexman

• Monk
  • "Just remember one thing: It's just a ride."
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2011, 12:40:01 PM »

Well when you figure that the wedding cost approximatly 20 million according to figures. That doesn't include the amount of money that we pay them for JUST being the Royal Family. Not including their staff and their homes. With every single penny coming from the tax payer.....

I couldn't give a shit to be honest. A MASSIVE waste of money for 2 hours of TV coverage does NOTHING to benefit this country whatsoever. Tourism is a slight difference, but even then the money they bring in goes straight back into Royal Family which makes it negligeble.

I f%$#@ hate the Royal Family.....

Tsk Tsk language Kexman, this isn't Nam, there are rules. Especially one about not swearing. -Barry Away
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 01:16:11 PM by Barryva »

John

• That -1 Guy.
  • Baron
  • The -1
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2011, 01:44:17 PM »

Kex got owned  ;D

Honestly i didnt understand the media hype about a f***** wedding (see what i did there)
it wastes peoples money and valulable time. yeah there the Royal Family, so? people get married everyday and you dont see hype about them.

Mistahjingles

• Vassal
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2011, 05:05:35 PM »

I'm fairly sure that recent news will put this right on the backburner.

Sam_Measa

• Novice
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2011, 03:58:31 AM »

Personal opinion, I live in the U.S. I really didn't want to sit there watching the wedding play out. I ended up with 20 minutes of wedding video, when my local news should be covering the local news. And if I didn't walk into the local McD's for a beagle and coffee Sunday morning and see that UBL was dead. I know we'd be hearing about wedding updates for the next two weeks. Same as when Micheal Jackson died and the U.S. public could not get enough coverage.
That was two weeks I had my iPod playing VTW programing to block out MJ updates. And my bosses wish they could have done the same.
Ours is not to ponder what were fair in Life, but finding what may be, make it fair up to our means.
~ Anne McCaffrey

Scrubpuppy

• Vassal
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2011, 09:56:22 AM »

You know, I gotta be honest, I like Harry more than William. Harry was duking it out in the Ghan until some reporter blew his cover. Still I wish them the best and I hope it turns out better than last time.

As for the cost of the wedding...well they're royalty. Wouldn't be a royal wedding if it wasn't expensive right?

Ken

• Administrator
  • Baron
    • Ken's Website
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2011, 11:09:57 AM »

It's not as if this happens every month or anything, it's a special occasion and whether you are part of it or not, clearly millions of people around the world bothered to tune in for a reason.

I'm not condoning the use of that amount of money but I think tourism does somewhat make up for it, and many soldiers are genuinely faithful to the queen and the royal family. Most people of elderly generations love the royal family, from what I've heard anyway.

Also the royal family are figureheads for the church of England, so not just royal-family nuts care about them, religious folks do too.

So yeah, basically I'm not surprised too much about how much fuss has been made, but it's over now, and we can all see news on the news as opposed to this only on the news.

Scrubpuppy

• Vassal
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2011, 01:09:32 PM »

Actually, I saw an estimate of how much royal family tourism brings into the UK, and its a ridonkulous amount. I can go find the link on pundit kitchen if anyone wants to see it. It gave a great backstory on how the royals are still kinda relevant.

Red Dog Dragon

• Baron
  • Pink Pony is Best Pony
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2011, 12:36:21 PM »

But I've always been told they spend more money on them then they make from tourism.

Scrubpuppy

• Vassal
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2011, 01:21:42 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4