VtWForum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Royal Wedding  (Read 4493 times)

Darth Xanith

• Baron
Re: Royal Wedding
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2011, 11:23:41 AM »

It's a shame because the wedding does have high potential to be turned into a drinking game, now I think about it.

Take a shot every time:
A direct comparison between this wedding and the one between Charles and Diana is made.
A comparison between Diana and Kate is made.
Kate's "common" background is referenced (make it a double if that then leads into a Diana comparison)
Anyone comments that Kate has "taken well" to doing something trite like shaking hands or waving.

Drink the whole bottle:
If anyone comments on what the Queen is wearing like it is of interest to anyone beyond people who made inane bets about the hat she'd wear.

With the above combination, even should you fail to escape coverage of the event (for those living in the UK, time difference should take care of that for you Americans) you will be too smashed to remember anything about it the next day.

Xavierson

• Vassal
  • It is all about having fun!
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2011, 11:20:27 AM »

GOD SAVE THE ROYAL FAMILY!  ;D

Too bad I am getting boozed tonight and will be -asleep- for said wedding.  ;D

Ken

• Administrator
  • Baron
    • Ken's Website
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2011, 11:37:07 AM »

I don't particularly care about the royal family, but I'm sure this entire thing will be good for the economy and it's cheerier than the majority of articles in the media atleast.

Fernurion

• Baron
  • Hipster Frog
Re: Re: Royal Wedding
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2011, 08:21:06 PM »

The media over here is trying to jam it down our throats at every turn. Looking at the tv guide, at least 6 channels will be doing nothing but 24 hour wedding coverage, while many others will be having updates all over the place. Most likely the news channels will be unwatchable as well. While we are part of the commonwealth and should care about this, the majority if people simply don't.

I'll be doing what most Aussies will be doing. Kick back, relax, and leave the tv off.

Aeyup.

Darth Xanith

• Baron
Re: Re: Royal Wedding
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2011, 08:49:24 PM »

Looking at the tv guide, at least 6 channels will be doing nothing but 24 hour wedding coverage

That's really quite sad, To be safe I am not going to touch any of the BBC channels.

Bazeleel

• Novice
  • Welcome to the Internet
    • eSports by Bazeleel
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2011, 09:41:47 PM »

Seriously why do people care? I sure as hell do not.

Barryva

• The Baron VonAwesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Baron
  • Scourge of the 7 IRC's
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2011, 11:46:43 PM »

It not everyday that a member of the Royal Family, including the future heir to the throne gets married so it makes sense that this historic event  for the Family that traditionally ran this once much more powerful Kingdom could be seen as a big news item.

I will give them this, that Kate chick is pretty hot.

But as an American I like to think that we made our  opinion on the royal family pretty clear in 1776. I personally will avoid the coverage by sleeping (the wedding is on at an inconvenient time in this country). If only I could do it wrapped in my blanket with the Declaration of Independence printed on it...but Nic Cage stole it.

DeusEx

• Eisenzerstörer
  • Baron
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2011, 07:30:15 PM »

the best pic from the royal wedding (posted in the CH Research Thread, but posting here (possibly NSFW)):

Natural20

• Baron
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2011, 08:09:17 PM »

Note, the girl is covering her EARS. Jesus Christ Kate, what are you doing to the poor man?

Barryva

• The Baron VonAwesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Baron
  • Scourge of the 7 IRC's
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2011, 02:15:03 AM »

what ever it is, she is doing it Royally now.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4