VtWForum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Royal Wedding  (Read 4495 times)

Darth Xanith

• Baron
Royal Wedding
« on: April 22, 2011, 11:54:12 AM »

A good luck to all who intend to try and escape, avoid or otherwise not see coverage of the upcoming Royal Wedding, already it's becoming hard to watch anything news or current affairs related without a mention and comparison between Kate and Diana here, with to my knowledge America's networks being about as bad.
Or in this case, even worse:
http://www.zimbio.com/watch/NjFJzKX4hFp/ET+Royal+Wedding+Promo/Entertainment+Tonight

They are officially banned from reporting on anything that happens anywhere ever again, it's the worst thing to ever happen.

So for those who like myself do not want to hear anything about it, what will you be doing on the 29th April?

Also what's the worst/most trite coverage of it you have seen thus far?

Red Dog Dragon

• Baron
  • Pink Pony is Best Pony
Re: Royal Wedding
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2011, 12:21:19 PM »

Meh, I couldn't care less; the last one was a real car wreck.

/rimshot

Emperor

• Baron
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2011, 12:47:22 PM »

i was commenting to MysticMimm last night how negatively and apathetic Americans are towards the wedding (and how surprised I was at it). I include myself in that, as I think its a pompus waste of money and inconvience for people in the UK. But polls and ratings showed that Di's wedding was very well watched in the US and had a positive light going in and coming out of the wedding. This time around Americans are anywhere from "could care less" to legitimately pissed because of the waste of money and arrogance of the royal family. I'm not really sure what to make of the switch in attitude, but even the news is commenting on the bad vibes coming from most Americans. Keep in mind, this is based on polled numbers and questionaires, I'm not saying EVERY American is mad/apathetic.

Red Dog Dragon

• Baron
  • Pink Pony is Best Pony
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2011, 01:21:19 PM »

This time around Americans are anywhere from "could care less" to legitimately pissed because of the waste of money and arrogance of the royal family.
The only money they're wasting is the Brit's.

Hell, there seems to be enough backing of the royal family over there (for the life of me, I have no idea why) it's not really a waste of their money if they like it.

Darth Xanith

• Baron
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2011, 01:31:02 PM »

It just feels so forced to be honest, the Media take any event like this and go absolutely crazy over it.
The extra bank holiday is nice but honestly the coverage is so sickeningly trite it's beyond belief.

Kuri'thas

• Novice
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2011, 06:10:34 PM »

It definitely is a waste of money in my view. What makes me chuckle is that our new government is making cuts here and cuts there and then extra stresses on the unemployed to get off benefits and into work, saving more money for them. I personally think all the money that's been saved is being used to pay for all this :P

Feel free to slap me back down if I'm way off the mark though ;)

Natural20

• Baron
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2011, 06:47:28 PM »

Wait, so we get a Bank Holiday?

And the Wedding's on Friday? Sorry, I won't be conscious, there is alcohol to be drunk.

Darth Xanith

• Baron
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2011, 08:03:32 PM »

Wait, so we get a Bank Holiday?

And the Wedding's on Friday? Sorry, I won't be conscious, there is alcohol to be drunk.

One way to avoid it, I suppose!

Emperor

• Baron
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2011, 01:42:06 PM »

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/23/world/europe/23royals.html?_r=2&partner=MYWAY&ei=5065

poll showing Americans don't give a damn. I don't think we should, its not our Royal Family (anymore) still, its a big swing from when 2/3 of the country tuned in for Di's wedding.

Sekani

• Baron
  • You don't care about any of this
    • sekani2.com
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2011, 03:38:19 PM »

I personally think it's amazing that the Royal Wedding is getting any press at all in the U.S. Generally speaking no world news gets aired over here that's not about war, violence, or a natural disaster.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4