VtWForum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: 12 Year old Develops his own Theory of Relativity  (Read 2305 times)

Red Dog Dragon

• Baron
  • Pink Pony is Best Pony

Ken

• Administrator
  • Baron
    • Ken's Website
Re: 12 Year old Develops his own Theory of Relativity
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2011, 09:04:04 AM »

There's a 14 year girl in my class doing the same stuff as me, and I struggle, and she wins. It hurts.

Bazeleel

• Novice
  • Welcome to the Internet
    • eSports by Bazeleel
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2011, 09:39:43 AM »

I DONT UNDERSTAND ANY OF THIS!

Martyrdom

• Monk
  • Yes, I'm a dick.
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2011, 10:15:39 AM »

I understood him until around 3minutes in. Then it went "WOOOOOOOOSH" right over my head.

Two things that makes me skeptical of this article is that it claims his IQ is "higher than Albert Einstein" (Einstein never took an IQ Test), and "But far from complaining, Jake has turned the sleepless nights to his advantage - debunking the big bang theory." I would love to see the process in which he's proving hundreds, if not thousands, of scientists wrong, seeing as how he hasn't studied Advanced Particle Physics, or any Nuclear theory.

Barryva

• The Baron VonAwesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Baron
  • Scourge of the 7 IRC's
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2011, 01:26:48 PM »

Did you know that the idea of an IQ or Intelligence Quotient was first developed around the turn of the 19th century by a German Scientist as a means of measuring the level of mental retardation in children. It was only ever meant to measure the low end of the scale and the varying degrees of mental capacity of the severely disabled. It  wasn't flipped the other way to prove the high end of intelligence until the 1930's when it was picked up by the Nazi party as another way of proving their genetic superiority. Of course all of this was swept under the rug in the 50's and 60's when  it became in vogue to take IQ tests in the US. Since then they have been debunked as pointless several times. It is actually impossible to assign a number value to intelligence that has any meaning when measuring it against other people. Because there are so many variables of relativity from person to person. Ironically this kid is actually probably smart enough to do the math that proves IQ tests are pointless.

I have never taken an IQ test (why would I? I am not a mentally retarded child), and the farthest I got in math was basic algebra. But I have read two books by Stephen Hawking, and I understood them. It takes a uniquely wired brain to understand math at the level this kid does and Einstein did, but it just takes an open mind to take in the Ideas  about the universe they are using math to prove.

Real gem of a constructive contribution there. I bet you know what your IQ is, Don't you?

Xavierson

• Vassal
  • It is all about having fun!
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2011, 04:24:06 PM »

I am doing that in Mathematics A Level at the moment. This kid is getting it all right! I wish I was this good!  ;D

Bazeleel

• Novice
  • Welcome to the Internet
    • eSports by Bazeleel
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2011, 05:05:36 PM »

I've never taken a IQ test nor do I ever want to. I do not need a test telling me how smart I am and how not smart I am.

I am as smart as I wish my self to be. I am good with computer, audio mixing, and video games. I am proud of that and I do not need the rest of the world to tell me other wise.

I hope he uses his God given smarts for a good use, like coming up with fusion energy, or solar energy that works and is affordable.

Daz

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2011, 08:01:34 PM »

Autism, trouble sleeping, and seeing black ops style floaty numbers in his head? Not the way I would want to live. Maybe he will invent a warp drive or something cool in his lifetime though.

Raymonong

• Monk
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2011, 08:34:01 PM »

All I saw was 12 year old develops in the post name...now I'm less interested.

Woops, that was an interior thought.  ;D

I want to say that I'd love to be as smart as this kid is, but the fact is he won't have a "normal" social life for a long time, interacting with kids his age will be boring to him and his development will be hindered as such.

Vaulisel

• Baron
  • Fashionista
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2011, 09:26:57 PM »

I arbitrarily did a few psychology papers over the past couple years. One things that was mentioned is that IQ tests aren't worth jack shit for actually comparing over large periods of time due to the drifting position of the population median 100 score. Saying someone has a higher IQ than someone who (if he indeed took an IQ test) took the test decades ago is a statement which contains little to no actual information.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 09:32:26 PM by Vaulisel »
Pages: [1] 2