VtWForum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Brandon Sanderson - Mistborn  (Read 912 times)

Arkaen

• Novice
Brandon Sanderson - Mistborn
« on: February 28, 2010, 02:38:17 PM »

Recently, an author by the name of Brandon Sanderson has caught my eye, due to one of his book trilogies, Mistborn.   He is also the one finishing the Wheel of Time series since Robert Jordan's death.  You can find his site's homepage in the first link, and in the second, you can read the first bit of the first book of the trilogy.

I was caught by his excellent magic system (which I won't go into detail about), and am currently awaiting for the trilogy to get here.  There goes my gaming time, :P

Eldrim

• Friar
Re: Brandon Sanderson - Mistborn
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2010, 08:26:10 AM »

I own and have read his Mistborn series (3 books) and his first book (who also had a good magic system). The Mistborn series is something I actually recommend to any one I meet, the magic system, the characters, the way that each of the three books has a solid ending and yet is able to make you want more. And damn it I just love the main character. Those who have not read it, read it. You will not regret it.

Oh he has also released a new book named Warbreaker, I have yet to read it (since hardcover costs durn much here in Iceland) but it is on my top 3 that I am most looking forward to read this year.

Arkaen

• Novice
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2010, 10:50:21 PM »

I own and have read his Mistborn series (3 books) and his first book (who also had a good magic system). The Mistborn series is something I actually recommend to any one I meet, the magic system, the characters, the way that each of the three books has a solid ending and yet is able to make you want more. And damn it I just love the main character. Those who have not read it, read it. You will not regret it.

Oh he has also released a new book named Warbreaker, I have yet to read it (since hardcover costs durn much here in Iceland) but it is on my top 3 that I am most looking forward to read this year.

Yeah, I just found out that when I was posting that, I had only put the books in my cart on Amazon; not actually having ordered them, I still have to wait till tomorrow to start digging in :(

TheWanderingBard

• Baron
  • Depressingly Accurate
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2010, 04:24:41 AM »

I have a friend who is absolutely rabid about these books and this author, and recommends them to me at least once a fortnight. I haven't read any of it myself, mainly to be contrary, but I have it on good authority that they're excellent.

202. My character descriptions cannot contain more than one of the following words: Slavic, Tonedeaf, Karaoke, Musician.
2125 things Mr. Welch is no longer allowed in an RPG