VtWForum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: 6 Nations Rugby  (Read 1788 times)

Valrick

• Baron
  • I have a text box fetish.
6 Nations Rugby
« on: February 28, 2010, 12:17:58 PM »

International Rugby is about the only sport I ever get behind and aside from the World Cup, the 6 Nations is the biggest event on the calendar.

I'm a big ol' Ireland fan, what with being Irish and all. Alas, there'll be no Grand Slam for us this year, but we can still take the title and the Triple Crown if we're lucky - and we will be.

So, any 6 Nations Rugby fans out there?

Grail

• Staff Member
  • Vassal
Re: 6 Nations Rugby
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2010, 06:40:00 PM »

I really haven't watch Rugby but I have caught some of the pre-match kata's I believe they are called?  Being ignorant of the sport those looked awesome but I have no idea why they do it.  So...whats up with that hehe?

Grail
I chose something different.  I chose the impossible.  I chose Rapture! -Andrew Ryan

Eid

• I post to much
  • Baron
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2010, 03:22:35 AM »

Being a Scott I am looking forward to getting the wooden spoon :) Wales looks good this year and England has a certain wanker back in....

Eid

Valrick

• Baron
  • I have a text box fetish.
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2010, 11:54:54 PM »

I really haven't watch Rugby but I have caught some of the pre-match kata's I believe they are called?  Being ignorant of the sport those looked awesome but I have no idea why they do it.  So...whats up with that hehe?

Are you referring to the Haka? The sorta tribal dance performed by a few nations?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haka_of_the_All_Blacks

Really, these days it just comes down to a big psych-out by one team; a show of strength if you will.

Being a Scott I am looking forward to getting the wooden spoon :) Wales looks good this year and England has a certain wanker back in....

Well, as I currently live in Glasgow, I can't bask in the failure of the Scots too much  ;) Not sure about Wales though, they seem a bit all over the place to me. Perhaps if they get a bit more team play on the go, instead of relying on a few good individuals we might so a surprise out of them.

Eid

• I post to much
  • Baron
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2010, 03:21:53 AM »

Perhaps if they get a bit more team play on the go, instead of relying on a few good individuals

That sounds like a (sadly) common feature of a lot of modern rugby :(

Eid

Grail

• Staff Member
  • Vassal
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2010, 11:52:07 AM »

Ah yea the Haka, thanks for the info. 

Grail
I chose something different.  I chose the impossible.  I chose Rapture! -Andrew Ryan