VtWForum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Bad Days.  (Read 2790 times)

Ken

• Administrator
  • Baron
    • Ken's Website
Bad Days.
« on: February 26, 2010, 09:32:09 AM »

We all go through bad times in our life. I'm generally quite a happy person, I'm far from depressed, but I've had bad moments. My dog died today, and I'm feeling pretty down.

Any of you got some cheery stories to tell? Perhaps of pets, or just a short story of how you helped someone out or vice versa? Anything really.

I hope you're all well.

And give your pets a hug from me.

Eid

• I post to much
  • Baron
Re: Bad Days.
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2010, 10:26:41 AM »

Sorry, but you just reminded me of when my cat died :( Was over a year ago but of course you still remember. Like with all loss all you can do is remember the good times.

However for a laugh, is there anything good on FailBlog?

Mafer

• Friar
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2010, 12:26:07 PM »

Sorry for your loss dude  :-\
you can always check out http://bash.org/?random for some lol's

feel better dude!

Ken

• Administrator
  • Baron
    • Ken's Website
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2010, 02:27:40 PM »

Bash is indeed made of win, and FAILblog is also quite epic ;)

No heart warming stories though?

Ebion

• The Cruelest Creature on the Planet
  • Baron
  • Snooze
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2010, 03:15:48 PM »

When I first got my cat, she was about three months old. She could fit in the palm of my hand she was so tiny. You see, she was the runt of her litter and abused by the family who had her. My mothers friend gave her to us as a last resort because she was afraid her owners were going to hurt her.

So, the little cat was ours. Despite being small, she was, and still is quite vicious. But she can also be loving too. Her favorite spot is on the recliner right next to my side actually. She purrs like an engine, and I honestly don't know what I would do if she died. She's about nine years old, and it has helped me most recently that she is so close to me, because I've been having a myriad of bad days, and it's nice to just sit down and have her by my side.

Anyways, I hope this story helps you a little. I'm sorry for your loss, and I hope you get back up as quickly as possible. I'd hate to see that GoheX had 0 posts in the last 24 hours. :P

Eldrim

• Friar
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2010, 03:50:20 PM »

Just got a two month old female kitten today, never had cats before and am always freaking out if she is alright or not, she is black and white and I have named her Azura. She is one of the cutest thing I have ever seen and she has kept me playing with her for 4 hours straight after she first came to my home. It only took her around 10 minutes to get over the "afraid of new place" mood and since then she seems not wanting to leave me or my family members alone, even going so far as to sleep behind the couch to be close to my parents (since my room is a cat hazard). It makes me wonder why in my 21 years of life I have not gotten a kitten before. This is the only nice story I have so far of my pet, and I hope I will have many more, and I hope you will feel better about your loss when you are ready, grief is nothing to be ashamed off.

I will leave you here with a link to a comic an artist made after his cat died, in the comment section you will find many like your self who have lost a pet they where close with, I hope this helps:

http://www.commissionedcomic.com/?p=2113

Ken

• Administrator
  • Baron
    • Ken's Website
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2010, 04:38:53 PM »

That's the kind of stuff I wanted guys. And Ebion -you really made me chuckle when I read the end of your comment =D

That comic is also extremely sweet Eldrim, thank you both.

Yeah it'll take awhile to pick up, so odd coming back and not having the spare bits of carpet over my kitchen floor that were there to stop her slipping on the tiles, or her drink bowl, her chew sticks scattered over the ground floor and her hair everywhere. Still finding it.

Thanks again guys <3

kylol

• Novice
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2010, 04:50:09 PM »

When i was young i started to watch my brother play pokemon on his gameboy. He seemed to like it when he won. I wanted to win, so i started to play advanced wars. I liked winning, so i kept playing games. I played megaman on the gameboy, then starfox on the n64, and sonic.. Winning was really cool. I still play games today, im playing counterstrike right now. I just won, haha!
:)

Ken

• Administrator
  • Baron
    • Ken's Website
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2010, 04:51:35 PM »

Haha I hope you keep winning mate. :) unless you're against me ofcourse ;)

Hordak

• Friar
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2010, 09:17:10 AM »

My fiance and I have a dog and three cats.  We got the third cat to try and bridge the pet gap, meaning it could grow up with the dog and the other cats in the household.  We have to kennel our dog at night because she's not so good at 'holding it' if you know what I mean.  More than once now, I've opened the kennel in the morning to let her out and wouldn't you know it, our third cat snuck in to sleep with her!  The adorableness really can't be described with words.
Pages: [1] 2