VtWForum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: What Internet Browser do you use?  (Read 8032 times)

Novacurse

• Friar
Re: What Internet Browser do you use?
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2010, 10:57:58 AM »

Firefox. I don't want to ever use a browser that does not have NoScript again.

bacclor

• Novice
    • Bacclor's Random Goodness
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2010, 02:15:47 PM »

I switch between Firefox and Chrome, but mostly I use Chrome.

As much as I'd like to use Chrome, the fact is I don't think they'll ever support plug-ins like AdBlock, since, you know, Google is all about web advertising.

Actually, Google recently added support for extensions for Chrome, and Adblock is one of the ones you can get. You can get it right here: https://chrome.google.com/extensions/detail/gighmmpiobklfepjocnamgkkbiglidom
I've been using it the past two days, and it's been working fine in Windows 7. Unfortunately, I run Ubuntu most of the time, and Google still hasn't gotten extensions quite worked out for the Linux version of Chrome.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 02:18:00 PM by bacclor »
You should go to http://www.bacclor.com/. It's pretty awesome.

Ebion

• The Cruelest Creature on the Planet
  • Baron
  • Snooze
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2010, 02:29:19 PM »

Personally I use firefox, however I've recently considered switching to Chrome once/if they have Noscript and Adblock support.

Ken

• Administrator
  • Baron
    • Ken's Website
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2010, 03:04:10 PM »

Personally I use firefox, however I've recently considered switching to Chrome once/if they have Noscript and Adblock support.

As was said in the comment above you, Chrome now supports extentions so go ahead and try it out. Chrome is very efficient and generally a great browser.

=]

Aurasoma

« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2010, 12:46:27 PM »

Firefox. I've been using for a few years, seen no reason to stop using it.

Titus

• Novice
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2010, 10:12:08 PM »

Believe it or not, I love IE 8. It works and looks pretty and some websites only work on it. That being said, google chrome makes an offer I cannot refuse, so it is my main browser

Ken

• Administrator
  • Baron
    • Ken's Website
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2010, 10:16:44 PM »

Believe it or not, I love IE 8. It works and looks pretty and some websites only work on it. That being said, google chrome makes an offer I cannot refuse, so it is my main browser

Haha the end of your comment made me feel relief again.

Really? You like IE? Even it's noises sicken me now. It scares me, feel like I'm opening a wormhole for all sorts of malicious code to enter machine using it =p

Grebog

• Baron
    • VTW MC
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2010, 06:39:56 AM »

At work I can use IE or Firefox. I could install Chrome, but I would have to install it each time I log into one of the systems here, so decide not to out of hassle of it. So, I use Firefox with No Script, Ad Blocker Plus, ...
Every once in a while I have to use IE for work and twice I have had some malicious script slide a virus onto the system and trash it, so glad I don't use it at home. ;) Also glad I am part of the IT support, so I can fix the machine myself.

At home I use Firefox or Chrome. It varies only by which system at home I am on. I like the addons for firefox, which is one of the things keep me on it. I have seen a few of the chrome ones, but not all of what I am looking for yet.
The VTW minecraft server has been closed for now. If people become interested in having a VTW minecraft server again, I will gladly help set one up.
Old Maps can be found here(still adding them all): http://vtwmc.com/Files.php

Eid

• I post to much
  • Baron
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2010, 06:52:02 AM »

I've used Firefox since it came out, but Google Chrome seems to looking quite nice so far.

noblemonkey

• Monk
  • Stuff and things...
    • Monkey's Part of the Internet
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2010, 08:14:17 AM »

Firefox. I'm fairly resistant to browser changes; it took me forever to finally give up the ghost of Netscape, so I don't see myself changing over to Chrome anytime soon.

If you liked Netspace, you should try SeaMonkey

I use Firefox at home and a mixture of IE7 and SeaMonkey at work.
I'm a casual, but I don't feel entitled.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5