VtWForum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Best Super Power  (Read 4058 times)

Ken

• Administrator
  • Baron
    • Ken's Website
Best Super Power
« on: November 14, 2010, 10:58:27 AM »

Myself & Frosthorns were having this discussion in Ventrilo, and we came upon some kind of conclusion. We think the best, as in most efficient in all situations, would be Luck. The luckiest man ever would never die of old age, he'd accidentally fall onto some radiation which would make him young again. He would never die from falling out of a plane, a gust of wind would guide him lightly onto a free ice cream tasting stand.

We also talked about the other normal powers, such as flying, teleportation, telekinesis, strength etc. Strength seems to be the suckiest to be honest.

What do you guys think? What would your super power be? I definitely shotgun the luckiest man ;)

sacullien

• Monk
Re: Best Super Power
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2010, 11:36:05 AM »

I'd go with telekinesis mainly due to it's wide assortment of applications  ;D

twitter.com/sacul
last.fm/user/saccullien

Barryva

• The Baron VonAwesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Baron
  • Scourge of the 7 IRC's
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2010, 07:54:10 PM »

I vote teleportation IF it works like a portal gun that you create with your mind.

Think about this, the water pressure at the bottom of a pool  is enough that you put a pin sized "entrance" portal there, and the exit portal the same size at the end of your finger...and you have a magic water pistol finger that can knock people down. move that entrance portal to the bottom of the ocean (with your mind!) and you could slice through steel. yes the water pressure is that high.

Move that entrance portal to a few hundred miles from the surface of the sun and on an atom wide and would be like a super heat gun.

You could deposit people any where , when they bother you. steal anything you need, walk out of any jail.

if you fix an entrance portal just above the ground then stand on an exit you move around with your mind you can even mimic Flying

that's the power I want

Vaulisel

• Baron
  • Fashionista
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2010, 08:36:33 PM »

I reckon a strong contender would be the power possessed by the character Yukari Yakumo in the Touhou games. Her ability is absolute control over borders of all kinds, physical, spatial, abstract, you name it. This incorporates all the aforementioned portal-type abilities, but in addition, the abstract aspect allows manipulation of things like the border between truth and lies, life and death, illusion and reality. IIRC, the character once traveled to the moon by manipulating the reality of a reflection of the moon in a lake. She is functionally immortal because life and death are just two sides of one border she can move across at will.

Fireyheart

• Novice
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2010, 08:45:54 PM »

I would have to go with a kind of combo power. An unlimited energy source in one's body that can be manipulated at will. Everything from DBZ antics, to tearing holes in the very fabric of reality, the only true limiting factor is imagination. Figure it this way. I could hadouken Bobby Kotick in the face then rip open a hole in reality to toss his body into. Before flying away. It has practical applications!

zymry

• Friar
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2010, 10:05:50 PM »

I call dibs on having mental powers (telepathy/mind control) on the Jean Grey/ Charles Xavier level.

Nunleft

• Worst Thief ever.
  • Baron
  • Nunleft
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2010, 05:08:57 AM »

I'd say the ability to enter and leave images or movies...when you enter a image you can interact with it or take stuff out. eg. Reach into a supermarket booklet and get free cake... or enter a women's day and sleep with and celebrity I fancied, what can I say I am a 18 year nerd

"It's a Cool Story, Bro. I needs something else... It needs more..."-Nunleft

Aristile

• Cuttest Kitten
  • Baron
  • VtW's Little Princess
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2010, 05:28:50 AM »

Layzer eyes doy, no contest.

Sleepbringer

• Monk
  • I'm sick of all this girly stuff
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2010, 12:11:09 PM »

Something like flying, teleportation or telekenisis would appeal to me. I have to be honest in saying, that if I had any sort of powers i would probably only use it for purely practical reasons like not haveing to walk down the hall to use the restroom, or to wake up 10mins before my class across campus and still get there on time. Im a pretty lazy guy honestly I dont wanna fight crime, I just want to make my life a bit easier.

(edit): I also like the power of forge from x-men. The power to invent aand create ANTHING!
w

Thistledown

• Baron
  • oh dear
    • i do stuff
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2010, 01:09:44 PM »

The best superpower for a "power" standpoint would be omniscience. Once you know and understand everything, you can get any superpower you want.

Personally, I say flight would be the most fun, and is the best for that purpose.
Pages: [1] 2 3