VtWForum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: looking forward Blizzcon/wowidol 2010 ?  (Read 3768 times)

Devout

• Friar
  • I can't complain, but sometimes I still do
    • Tankatronic.com
Re: looking forward Blizzcon/wowidol 2010 ?
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2010, 10:27:47 AM »

I order it up on DirecTV every year.  It's good fun, and although I could probably afford the drive from Phoenix to SoCal for the event, and I even have a wife that plays and would like to go, the convention isn't kid-friendly, and thus we settle for the high-def version in our living room.

John

• That -1 Guy.
  • Baron
  • The -1
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2010, 04:34:06 PM »

What would be realy cool is if TB got Blizzard to kick Direct TVS butt out of Blizz con and let the online radiostations do all the broadcasting with prizes for every one who subscribes to the feed on ANY station

Vaulisel

• Baron
  • Fashionista
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2010, 04:39:17 PM »

What would be realy cool is if TB got Blizzard to kick Direct TVS butt out of Blizz con and let the online radiostations do all the broadcasting with prizes for every one who subscribes to the feed on ANY station
I'm pretty sure one of TB's october Blue Plz! shows made it abundantly clear that Blizz doesn't give a toss about fansites anymore, so I can't see them giving Direct TV the heave-ho unless they commit some kind of war crime.

John

• That -1 Guy.
  • Baron
  • The -1
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2010, 04:40:05 PM »

lets hope they do then

Devout

• Friar
  • I can't complain, but sometimes I still do
    • Tankatronic.com
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2010, 10:14:39 AM »

I'm pretty sure one of TB's october Blue Plz! shows made it abundantly clear that Blizz doesn't give a toss about fansites anymore, so I can't see them giving Direct TV the heave-ho unless they commit some kind of war crime.

I think it's abundantly clear that DirecTV paid a truckload of money to secure the exclusive live broadcast rights for Blizzcon, and it really shouldn't have shocked or angered anyone that they actually wanted to enforce the contract they paid for. 

It has nothing to do with Blizz hating on fan sites. 

Ken

• Administrator
  • Baron
    • Ken's Website
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2010, 11:31:43 AM »

Agreed. I think they took it too far with anti podcasting stuff though.. I mean come on, it'll be on YouTube soon after the event anyway. And podcasting is just sound not video, the people who really want to see it in HD will pay the money. I know I will.

Vaulisel

• Baron
  • Fashionista
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2010, 06:50:01 PM »

I think it's abundantly clear that DirecTV paid a truckload of money to secure the exclusive live broadcast rights for Blizzcon, and it really shouldn't have shocked or angered anyone that they actually wanted to enforce the contract they paid for. 

This doesn't invalidate anything I said in the slightest. Hate would suggest they gave a toss. They sold out fansite opportunity to provide coverage for profit. I can't blame them for it, but there's no question that DirectTV has been historically subpar and this doesn't bother Blizzard at all.
Pages: 1 [2]