VtWForum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Post your Desktops (Possible heavy loading)  (Read 3549 times)

Vaulisel

• Baron
  • Fashionista
Post your Desktops (Possible heavy loading)
« on: October 30, 2010, 08:44:13 AM »

So the old thread is stale and untouched, and rather than practicing the fine art of necromancy on it, I'm locking the old one and founding a new one. Rules are same as GoheX stated last time.

Quote from: GoheX
To take part, you must go to your desktop, press "Prt Scr" on your keyboard (above arrow keys), go into Paint, paste, save as JPEG, upload it to a site (I use http://imageshack.us/ ) then put the link here within [ image] [ /image] brackets, without the space at the start of each bracketed word.

No nudity.
Not too much gore.
If the images are over 1000x1000, post them just as a link.

Don't feel obliged to use imageshack; in fact Thistle will probably rage out if you do. I'm not sure if that counts as encouragement or discouragement.

I guess I'm posting mine to start us off.

http://imgur.com/FsKtk
« Last Edit: October 30, 2010, 08:46:53 AM by Vaulisel »

Thistledown

• Baron
  • oh dear
    • i do stuff
Re: Post your Desktops (Possible heavy loading)
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2010, 02:27:32 PM »

YES I WILL RAGE AT YOU
RAGE
RAGE
RAAAAGE!

That said, here's mine. Also, conveniently placed leg. ;D

Canthon

• Friar
  • Official Canadian of VTW!
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2010, 04:12:04 PM »

Here's mine, grabbed this photo from an upcoming Novel.

Figured it was a subtle way to show off my inner Halo fanboism.

http://i.imgur.com/kg55L.jpg
« Last Edit: October 30, 2010, 04:21:48 PM by Canthon »

DeusEx

• Eisenzerstörer
  • Baron
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2010, 10:39:24 PM »

All I have with me right now is my laptop, so here's the image from it:
DeusEx's Laptop Desktop

edit: Monday evening I'll update with my desktop image. Cheers :)

Vaulisel

• Baron
  • Fashionista
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2010, 11:30:26 PM »

Better than one of my friends. Nine times out of ten if you look at his desktop wallpaper it will be a spartan/some spartans striking some kind of dramatic pose. If you are really unlucky, they'll be silhouetted against the horizon.

TheWanderingBard

• Baron
  • Depressingly Accurate
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2010, 07:50:18 AM »

1. What IS it with this Vocaloids thing that is EVERYWHERE I look this last year or so? I just do not understand why it is so universally loved, despite my buddy's attempt to explain his attraction to it (cool pictures though).
2. Thistle, what's that Vindictus icon on your desktop? I don't think I've heard of it before.

202. My character descriptions cannot contain more than one of the following words: Slavic, Tonedeaf, Karaoke, Musician.
2125 things Mr. Welch is no longer allowed in an RPG

Vaulisel

• Baron
  • Fashionista
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2010, 08:02:16 AM »

1. What IS it with this Vocaloids thing that is EVERYWHERE I look this last year or so? I just do not understand why it is so universally loved, despite my buddy's attempt to explain his attraction to it (cool pictures though).
Well, I won't be the one to successfully explain it. Frankly, I don't really know if it can be. I'm not super into the whole thing like some people, but I still find the whole "virtual diva" concept strangely intriguing. Try asking Thistle, I'm pretty sure he's more into it than me. I find the cost of importing the music rather prohibitive, so I don't have much. But some of the art generated by the Vocaloid fandom is top-notch.

I'll say this though. Miku has better stage presence in "live" performances than a lot of flesh and blood pop idols, based on the videos I've seen. And you can generally count on her not to become embroiled in some sordid tabloid scandal. Nor will she ever age, or have her appearance or voice irreversibly deteriorate. On account of not existing in any real sense. The Vocaloids' voices have a charm of their own as well, but only when used by someone who really knows what they're doing.

Why you would notice it more this last year, I'm not sure. There haven't been any major changes that I know of aside from Lily's debut.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2010, 08:09:36 AM by Vaulisel »

Irony

• Monk
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2010, 09:10:02 AM »

http://i.imgur.com/kg55L.jpg

This one reminds me of Another World moreso than Halo.
2. Thistle, what's that Vindictus icon on your desktop? I don't think I've heard of it before.

It's another F2P Nexon game that recently went into open beta. Kind of a dungeon-crawler beat 'em up.

Thistledown

• Baron
  • oh dear
    • i do stuff
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2010, 02:00:58 PM »

Quote from: TheWanderingBard

I noticed that if one doesn't "get it" right away, it becomes very hard to explain the allure of Vocaloids. For some fans it is a control fantasy (like the guy who got me into Vocas to begin with), for some it is the atmosphere of creativity on Nico Nico Douga (Japanese YouTube, but more community oriented), for some they just sounds really good and like them like any other favorite singer or musician (that'd be me in this camp), and for some it is the ridiculous amount of fanart that rolls around them similar to Touhou though not in the same volume (I'm guessing Vaulisel would be here). There are different reasons but in my feedback in my Vocaloid fan community, these are the common ones.

e: For some it is utter loneliness that compels them to find a friend in a voice with a community persona. This is also fairly common but I kind of roll it into the control fantasy crowd, even though the reasons behind the fantasy are completely different.

Quote from: TheWanderingBard

Source engine instance-based brawler with vaguely resembles Monster Hunter boss fights in that they are pretty hardcore kill-you-in-one-or-two-hits affairs with parts of the bosses being breakable.
Also land dicks
. It is fairly grindy after you clear out all the AP of all the dungeons, but the action is really what keeps me coming back to it. The three classes (out of the five planned) are different enough if playstyle for me to also break monotony. Tired of sword and board? I got a speedy dual wielder or a mage I could play, both with different styles of killing and not dying. It's pretty cool, and it's also damn pretty.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2010, 02:05:11 PM by Thistledown »

Bazeleel

• Novice
  • Welcome to the Internet
    • eSports by Bazeleel
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2010, 03:54:26 PM »

This is what ever guys desktop should look like: http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc2/PJcannon/LOL.jpg

Here is mine i just finished making :) Im rather proud of it! http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc2/PJcannon/Desktop1.jpg
« Last Edit: October 31, 2010, 04:16:28 PM by Bazeleel »
Pages: [1] 2 3