VtWForum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Undertaker vs Brock Lesnar at WM27 ?  (Read 1631 times)

TheGunner

• Monk
    • The Gunner aka Kris Gunn's facebook
Undertaker vs Brock Lesnar at WM27 ?
« on: October 26, 2010, 01:29:48 PM »

[youtube]
[/youtube]

At the most recent UFC pay per view lost Brock Lesnar had lost the UFC heavyweight title. Undertaker, a huge MMA fan, was there with his wife, Michelle McCool, watching the event and was asked to comment on the fight and Brock Lesnar. Midway through the interview, Undertaker confronted Brock and both had a brief stare down. This confrontation appears to have been set up, and has started rumours that Brock may face Taker at Wrestlemania 27 in Atlanta, Georgia.

This is match were to happen, I feel it would be great for WWE and UFC. There is definitely money to be made with this possible feud for both companies, pitting two of their biggest stars against each other on the biggest pay per view of the year. Plus, it would be interesting to see Brock in a WWE ring again 5 or 6 years after he left for the NFL, New Japan and eventually the UFC.

But what do you guys think ?

and also,

Would UFC allow Brock to wrestle ?
and also, would Brock ultimately come back, just to lose to Taker at Mania ?

The Gunner

Recta

• Friar
Re: Undertaker vs Brock Lesnar at WM27 ?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2010, 03:53:17 PM »

I'm not a fan of either WWE or UFC so I might not be the most knowledgeable on the subject but this appears to be a really bad idea.  UFC is trying to become a mainstream sport akin to boxing.  WWE is scripted and by a large segment of the population looked down upon as a fake sport.  As soon as UFC crosses over with WWE it will lose all legitimacy.   

TheGunner

• Monk
    • The Gunner aka Kris Gunn's facebook
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2010, 06:07:55 PM »

I'm not a fan of either WWE or UFC so I might not be the most knowledgeable on the subject but this appears to be a really bad idea.  UFC is trying to become a mainstream sport akin to boxing.  WWE is scripted and by a large segment of the population looked down upon as a fake sport.  As soon as UFC crosses over with WWE it will lose all legitimacy.   

Am not really sure, I agree. I think if UFC were to get involved with WWE, I think it in'fact help UFC in the long term. UFC and MMA in general, despite being massive, is still a growing sport all around the world. If it were to make a deal with WWE to have Brock return to a WWE for one final match at Mania, I feel it would introduce UFC and MMA to a global audience, which can only help the sport.

But i honestly feel the major stumbling block would be the result of the match it's self. Undertaker's undefeated streak (18-0) has become almost a franchise in it's self and has been something everyone associated with the on screen character of the undertaker. It would be bad business for WWE to have him lose at Mania and end this streak, let alone to a competitor outside WWE.

And would Brock honestly come back just to lose to Taker, regardless how much millions of dollars he would make in just one night. If Brock were to lose, I feel it would be bad for UFC and Brock himself. Even if it's just for the purpose of fulfilling a story line, how bad would it be for UFC, for there top star in there organisation to lose and then come back.
The Gunner

Fireyheart

• Novice
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2010, 10:27:59 PM »

I think they would have to build Brock back up with the new fans, and start early. Royal Rumble is the latest they could send him in to try and build a 'mania worthy feud.

Sekani

• Baron
  • You don't care about any of this
    • sekani2.com
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2010, 10:31:05 PM »

In short, no. In long, noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Kexman

• Monk
  • "Just remember one thing: It's just a ride."
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2010, 01:57:49 PM »

It would be intresting ot see this happen, however unlikely or likely it is. The one question we have t oask is this: What would Lesnar gain from it?

There would be no way that Lesnar would go over Taker. None at all. However, with Lesnar loosing would that harm him if it was a one off deal and he went back into MMA?