VtWForum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: New Podcasts?  (Read 3479 times)

Ken

• Administrator
  • Baron
    • Ken's Website
New Podcasts?
« on: January 31, 2010, 06:41:41 PM »

Hey guys!

I've been thinking of buying myself a new mic, and trying out podcasting for the first time ever. I would enjoy doing a show about generally geeky hobbies or gaming in general.

Any chance I could submit a demo, or if you're not looking for anyone, could you give me some tips as to where I could begin?

I would prefer podcasting over live shows, like I said I've never done this before so some practice would be good :]

Even if I could demo for a 30 minute slot I'd appreciate it =]

Thanks for any replies,
GoheX

Tak

• Friar
  • Now with 50% more Tik
Re: New Podcasts?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2010, 06:44:35 PM »

OnH are looking for anyone and everyone to submit short (5 minutes or so, I believe) clips talking about anything gaming related. They use them in place of their old music breaks. I know it's a far cry from a full podcast, but maybe it'd be a good start :)

Ken

• Administrator
  • Baron
    • Ken's Website
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2010, 06:52:55 PM »

OnH are looking for anyone and everyone to submit short (5 minutes or so, I believe) clips talking about anything gaming related. They use them in place of their old music breaks. I know it's a far cry from a full podcast, but maybe it'd be a good start :)

I already sent one in but the quality was too poor, my microphone I have just now isn't too good. Thank you, I think I'll send in a few more once I get a new one =D

Ebion

• The Cruelest Creature on the Planet
  • Baron
  • Snooze
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2010, 06:55:10 PM »

GoheX, I would recommend listening to TB's Podcast 101 archive to get some information on what you will need for podcasting if you're serious about investing into a show, and even if you consider contributing vocally to VTW. If you're just looking to get on air, or even if you do invest into the equipment, a great way to get yourself out there is to regularly contribute to OnHVW through the short segments over the music breaks like Tak said.

Aristile

• Cuttest Kitten
  • Baron
  • VtW's Little Princess
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2010, 06:59:15 PM »

I already sent one in but the quality was too poor, my microphone I have just now isn't too good. Thank you, I think I'll send in a few more once I get a new one =D
okay a little trick I did for mine, to compensate, was use a couple of effects in audacity to boost your mics quality. There is a remove noise feature in audacity that isn't quite as straight forward as you would think. Find a tutorial on how to use it and it'll boost your quality considerably. Also practice adjusting your levels so they don't drop below your bed music. Talking loud can help with this but it's more about talking clearly.
The above are what I used when I was in broadcasting back in high school, and during my segment i sent in last week.
If your still having quality issues, invest in a hand held mic, not a headset. Even the most expensive one can be hit or miss if the headset doesn't have specs for the mic on the box.
Hope this helps :)

Jay

• Friar
  • OH-MY-GOD!
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2010, 07:13:25 PM »

I tried to ask a question, even though I was being greedy and already asked 2 anyways.
But, I wanted to ask if the hosts would be doing any other shows even if in podcast format

Like how TB does 3 shows or something similar to that.

Ken

• Administrator
  • Baron
    • Ken's Website
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2010, 07:17:49 PM »

Thanks guys! Another thing I'm a little afraid of is... I'm Scottish. It's possible that no one will understand me, apart from fellow Scottish players.

I suppose I just need to practice, like you guys have suggested, with the segments.

I will order a new microphone soon, and begin planning. And i'll listen to TB's tips for podcasting too :]

Thank you <3

Jay

• Friar
  • OH-MY-GOD!
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2010, 07:58:28 PM »

Scottish = [Epic].

You probably sound just like a Dwarf right?

Ken

• Administrator
  • Baron
    • Ken's Website
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2010, 08:05:48 PM »

sigh XD

While I agree with Scottish = Epic, I sound nothing like a dwarf. Hopefully you'll all hear what I sound like soon enough :]

Octale

• Lord of the Hateorade
  • Staff Member
  • Baron
  • This is the text that doesn't end. Yes it goes on
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2010, 08:11:11 PM »

I love all you clever forum goers out there.  :-*

To answer your question GoheX, the short form content is equal parts content providing for VTW Productions shows, audition, and dedication check.  If a content provider can give high quality, short form content week in and week out, then those who have the inclination will be asked to do show length content for VTW Productions.  It will be a slow process, but I'm a firm believer that talent and dedication ought be rewarded, and I meant to see that it is.

So, my recommendation is to provide short-form content for OnHVW, and make it known you want to do long-form content on VTW Productions, and we'll see what shakes out.
Studio Manager
Production Manager
Destroyer of Populists
Pages: [1] 2