VtWForum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Discuss "Hurry Up and Wait a Minute" Here  (Read 6885 times)

Octale

• Lord of the Hateorade
  • Staff Member
  • Baron
  • This is the text that doesn't end. Yes it goes on
Studio Manager
Production Manager
Destroyer of Populists

Thistledown

• Baron
  • oh dear
    • i do stuff
Re: Discuss "Hurry Up and Wait a Minute" Here
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2010, 12:09:27 AM »

This happens to me all the time. The less I have to purchase, the larger the asshole in front of me's family is that he's feeding.

Ebion

• The Cruelest Creature on the Planet
  • Baron
  • Snooze
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2010, 12:48:28 AM »

I can see where you're coming from, but if there were ever an unmeasurable flow of traffic, it's definitely at a coffee house such as Starbucks. Since you have to take into account how long each individual coffee takes to make, how many barista's and how many pieces of equipment or pre-made coffee they have, and of course whether or not the barista's spend time dicking around trying to make the coffee "look" it's best or explaining that the coffee is hot(or cold, as the case may be).

As such, after you heard that the man was waiting on four individual coffee's for his family, I would have expected you to have just walked out and went on with your business, but instead you stayed, which makes me wonder why a man ranting about efficiency didn't save 15 minutes to complete the task he originally intended to do instead of waiting in line for premium priced coffee that realistically you could have grabbed through an empty starbucks drive-through on the way home or avoided.

Eh, I guess your personal preference says that an iced coffee is worth 15 minutes behind a guy who has probably doing the same thing you were(shopping at the store), and was told by the wife to pick up drinks for the family, personally I don't see anything wrong here since the guy seems innocent enough. Sure it's annoying, but if you could wait behind the one guy representing four orders, what would change if there were four people representing one order? It's approximately the same amount of time barring incalculable things like the staff being slow or the guy who just has to get the pronunciation right on his order of a Grande Cinnamon Dolce Crème Frappuccino.

Novacurse

• Friar
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2010, 09:36:02 AM »

Solution: Go to Dunkin' Donuts instead of Starbucks!

Novacurse runs on Dunkin'.

;D

freemount

• Novice
    • My Twitter Madness
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2010, 11:52:03 AM »

Never understood the reason for going somewhere to buy coffee. I buy the good stuff and do make a decent cup at home.

Novacurse

• Friar
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2010, 12:09:18 PM »

Same reason someone goes out to eat instead of cooking at home. Sometimes you just want to change it up.

Thistledown

• Baron
  • oh dear
    • i do stuff
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2010, 12:56:32 PM »

Surprisingly enough, some people just can't make good coffee, even with an automated system. My father and his father were such people.

freemount

• Novice
    • My Twitter Madness
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2010, 01:47:34 PM »

Buy a good bean and grind yourself. Don't store it for long, buy smaller batches and use close to purchase. French press and filtered or bottled water is all you need for a good cup or two.

zymry

• Friar
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2010, 01:52:36 PM »

Quote from: Octale
Any act that promotes traffic to flow is a good thing. The contrapositive to that statement is it is bad to inhibit traffic flow.

This statement made me giggle for all sorts of reasons not at all related to motor vehicle traffic or coffee

AngryBadger

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2010, 03:26:16 PM »

I find Octale very strange.  This is immature rant at best, or it's just a waste of time at worst.

It kinda bugs me he's so pissed about losing 15 minutes of his life, when kids being torched doesn't bother him.

Sure, I hate my time is wasted.  I even think your time being wasted is a type of murder but is it worth bitching about?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4