VtWForum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Discuss "Rough and Tumble" Here  (Read 7163 times)

AngryBadger

Re: Discuss "Rough and Tumble" Here
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2010, 04:44:36 PM »

Basically I'm saying.If you haven't been in FEAR OR YOUR LIFE you haven't been bullied.  If you think different that's where the miscommunication is.
Then I think you need to have a long chat with the people at the rally in the vignette.  Note specifically the kid reciting about another kid that was taunted into committing suicide.  Taunted?  The only thing I could ever taunt people into doing is kicking my ass.  Of course, if Angry Badger's definition of bullying was the one we all agreed on, we wouldn't need anti-bullying rallies, because they would be anti-violence rallies.  We can all agree that violence is bad, but we're not dealing with people who believe only violence is bad.  We're dealing with traffickers in human misery.  The people that made below average acceptable, and mediocre exceptional.  The people that completely disenfranchised the academically exceptional.  Of course, they are the same people that took all the nobility out of being a mechanic, a janitor, a garbage man, a plumber, etc.

So, you're entitled to a good GPA and completely adversity free experience in high school, and a good enough ACT score to get into college, but if you can't cut it there, we'll judge you for the rest of your life for not being able to get it done the first time we put any pressure on you whatsoever, without giving you the tools to handle the pressure in the first place.

To be honest I watched it only once and didn't analyze everything.  Also it was CNN and I don't trust CNN I think they edited it a lot.  Anyway, I think you might want to do a blog about how schools are lowing there standards.  I never had problems in High School cause I was with the 'smart' kids; in elementary school, being smart was a bad thing, it got you beaten up.

And it only took words to make me fear for my live at age 8.  The guy says, "I'm going to kill you, and no one is going to care when I do."  He's also 8 and has proven to me he hates me.

World has change dramitically over 20 plus year.  I told my roommate, "If you take, move and touch my meds, I'm going to kill you."  After that I get fired and kick out of Disney World.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 06:27:08 PM by AngryBadger »

Pravda

• Novice
« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2010, 06:21:49 PM »

There a huge difference between acknowledging the insignificance of the individual, and prompting that there's nothing wrong with that insignificance, and telling someone their life is meaningless.  Foster the attainable dreams absolutely, while simultaneously crushing the unattainable dreams (for example, don't fill the 8 year old's head full of nonsense that he/she can be a profession football player when he/she can't even start on his/her Pop Warner team).

Ah - Octale my friend - You have been waching the animated movie Z - and thougt it was the gospel - when in truth, it was made for entertainment ;-)

Pravda

• Novice
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2010, 06:31:47 PM »

People are assholes, learn how to deal with them and move on, ...

NOT - people are not default assholes - but there are some - when you meet them, leav'em behind.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]