VtWForum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19

Author Topic: Star Wars: The Old Republic  (Read 38717 times)

Raktus

• Vassal
Star Wars: The Old Republic
« on: February 17, 2010, 08:08:15 PM »

I have to say, I heard about the game only once before in an old episode of STOked. They had mentioned it didn't look as exciting as STO did and I didn't think about it at all. When I read the blog post today about MMO's I decided to look it up. BIOWARE! Fucking Bioware is making it and no one told me? Finding that out forced me to watch some vids...

I would sell my first born, like I know who he is anyways, for a game like that. I watched the developers video as well which shown actual game play as well as PC/NPC interaction and flashpoints. I am still amazed, intrigued and using less than 20% of the seat I was sold. This could be the game I have waited for for a long time now.

Now, yes... I did enjoy STO and have attempted to defend them as hard as any fanboy ever could. That in itself is hard to defend when offering my opinion of another game of the same genre. I have to say though, I come from a writers history of Star Wars RP if not general star wars games (except, if you can believe, the most popular modern releases). I grew up with Star Trek, I watched Star Wars.

ZIkar

• Monk
  • Techmarine
Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2010, 08:22:16 PM »

Now whats funny is that there's guild already made for the game.

Got invited into 2 sith guilds a week after game was announced.

Ephigy

• Novice
  • Alea Iacta Est
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2010, 08:01:26 PM »

Yea there's a webcomic and awesomesauce CGI intro out there. The community isn't that bad (so far) and the classes are shaping up pretty well from what I've seen. Definitely trying it out, Sith warrior style!

cogzwell

• Monk
  • Speed of light = Bird with knife duct taped to it
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2010, 09:09:24 PM »

I'm actually fairly interested in the game at this point, not because of jedi or space-combat, but as the story as an actual war conflict.

It seems to almost be kind of like a Persian War or peloponnesian war style story.... with lazers....

Seyfert

• Novice
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2010, 08:23:18 PM »

I've been a part of the online community since the first day the website came online :) I'll give Octale's first born to get into the beta for this :)

Edrac

• Monk
  • Cin vhetin
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2010, 07:14:36 PM »

I've been watching this game since... what was it October of '07 that it was officially announced?

THIS, this is that game that WILL break break me of WoW for good. As i am a Star Wars fan first and foremost...

Bazeleel

• Novice
  • Welcome to the Internet
    • eSports by Bazeleel
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2010, 09:53:40 AM »

This game is why i quit WoW and deleted all my toon last week :)

Grail

• Staff Member
  • Vassal
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2010, 12:28:47 PM »

At this time, this is the only MMO that I am going to play outside of WoW.  Everything fully voice acted?!?  Choices that once made change your gameplay experience compared to someone else's?!?!  Yes please!

Grail
I chose something different.  I chose the impossible.  I chose Rapture! -Andrew Ryan

Edrac

• Monk
  • Cin vhetin
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2010, 04:24:55 PM »

At this time, this is the only MMO that I am going to play outside of WoW.  Everything fully voice acted?!?  Choices that once made change your gameplay experience compared to someone else's?!?!  Yes please!

Grail

From what I've seen, I've gotten a "KotOR and Mass Effect had a baby" sort of vibe... from the fully voiced dialogue and the conversation wheel...

DO WANT!!

Vaulisel

• Baron
  • Fashionista
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2010, 05:06:37 PM »

I think this is an MMO I'll be really interested in, but probably not sign up for a go until the initial furor has died down. I imagine class balance will start to even out over time also; since no matter how many people say "OMG bounty hunters are awesome" you know that at launch there'll be so many lightsabers waving around that the newbie areas will be lit like Vegas.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19