VtWForum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Who's the King  (Read 924 times)

Ambrosiius

• Novice
Who's the King
« on: July 22, 2010, 11:23:08 AM »

Hey Guys,

I just wanted to get some input from the movie that I brought up in last week CH show. The movie was "The King of Kong: A Fistful of Quarters" http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0923752/. Well first if you haven't seen it go see it (no plug intended Netflix watch it now). Second didn't anyone else feel like I did and wanted to club Billy like a baby seal? I've really never seen someone, so much in love with himself than Billy. Well, other than Grail and that damm Ipad. Anyways, I didn't come here to start a fight. I wanted to find Billy's resturant and burn it to the ground at the end of the movie. Ahhhh I got that out, I feel better now. Well what do you think?

Ambrosiius  8)
"Fortune Favors the Bold"

Barryva

• The Baron VonAwesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Baron
  • Scourge of the 7 IRC's
Re: Who's the King
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2010, 04:38:16 PM »

Yes i have seen this movie and I also Love it. I bought it on DVD when it first came out and I actually just watched it again about two weeks ago. I think you are being a little hard on Mr Mitchell. While i agree that he is VERY pompous and arrogant i think that a lot of his bluster is just a persona he built up for him self. You have to remember he is something of a minor celebrity and he held many of his video game records for almost two decades. Yes he is a bit of an ass and the it is regrettable that there is a double standard in the movie when it comes to the world record attempts. But that is all resolved before the movie was even done filming.
I hope that your Violent tendencies only go as far  as writing about it online. You should try and reserve such vehement rage for something more substantial then a guy in a movie you saw.  I think the movie getting made and put out in the universe gave Billy Mitchell what he deserved, a bit of a reality check. but the worst i hope for him is that his Hot sauce isn't very good