VtWForum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: "The Decision"  (Read 3099 times)

Epiclurker

• Monk
Re: "The Decision"
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2010, 12:24:23 AM »

The whole hour long show did not bother me. LeBron provided some nice entertainment for all of us during this "saga".

What really bothers me is Cleveland, and how they are acting. That email that the owner posted to the fans was childish. How could you throw LeBron under the bus like that. He gave that city 7 years of the best basketball they have ever seen.

In many other cities LeBron would have just another good player. Do you think he would have been up on his throne with The Bulls, Lakers, or Celtics? Those cities would have compared him to their past champions and he would have had to prove himself first. LeBron proved that he isn't ready to lead a team and that is really what was missing in those last few games, a true leader. He gave up on the team before the series was even over. He is in for a rude shock because no matter how many he wins he will face the same questions over and over again, can he win on his own or is he just a follower of better leaders.

Octale

• Lord of the Hateorade
  • Staff Member
  • Baron
  • This is the text that doesn't end. Yes it goes on
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2010, 11:32:30 AM »

In many other cities LeBron would have just another good player. Do you think he would have been up on his throne with The Bulls, Lakers, or Celtics? Those cities would have compared him to their past champions and he would have had to prove himself first. LeBron proved that he isn't ready to lead a team and that is really what was missing in those last few games, a true leader. He gave up on the team before the series was even over. He is in for a rude shock because no matter how many he wins he will face the same questions over and over again, can he win on his own or is he just a follower of better leaders.
7 years into his career, he has 0 titles.  In order to be the clear front-runner in the discussion of GoaT, he would have to win, what, 7 or 8 titles overall?  Kobe has 5, so LeBron would have to win at least 5 to even be the front-runner in the "Greatest of This Generation" discussion.

In order to get 6, he'd have to win in all but 2-3 of his remaining years in the league (assuming he has 10 really great years left).  Personally, I think LeBron James is more shrewd than any of us is giving him credit for.  If I can't be the obvious choice for GoaT, and there's no guarantee I'm going to be the obvious choice for "greatest of this generation" by staying in Cleveland, shouldn't I take the opportunity to play with my friends while I am still really good?  I think you have to.
Studio Manager
Production Manager
Destroyer of Populists

Sark

• Novice
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2010, 01:30:09 AM »

7 years into his career, he has 0 titles.  In order to be the clear front-runner in the discussion of GoaT, he would have to win, what, 7 or 8 titles overall?  Kobe has 5, so LeBron would have to win at least 5 to even be the front-runner in the "Greatest of This Generation" discussion.

In order to get 6, he'd have to win in all but 2-3 of his remaining years in the league (assuming he has 10 really great years left).  Personally, I think LeBron James is more shrewd than any of us is giving him credit for.  If I can't be the obvious choice for GoaT, and there's no guarantee I'm going to be the obvious choice for "greatest of this generation" by staying in Cleveland, shouldn't I take the opportunity to play with my friends while I am still really good?  I think you have to.

I don't know if he needs to win 5 titles to be the greatest of the generation. Kobe was carried by Shaq for his first 3, and Pau Gasol was as big a part in the last two as kobe was. The Lakers were a 8-6th seed playoff team before they got Gasol, and even the way they got Gasol was a little shady. People are to title obsessed in Basketball. One player cannot do it by themselves. Jordan never won without Pippen, Magic never won without Jabbar, Bird never won without Mchale and Parish, it goes on and on. If LeBron won a title over the past few years he would be the GoaT hands down. Nobody would say that he couldn't have won without Mo Williams.

Also does anyone else think its funny that Kobe is now the golden boy of the leauge, and LeBron is the villain. It upsets me a little that people are more angry over the decision than they are over the whole Kobe rape thing.
Pages: 1 [2]