VtWForum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: "The Decision"  (Read 2972 times)

Darth Xanith

• Baron
"The Decision"
« on: July 08, 2010, 08:18:15 PM »

Not usually my sport, and I will admit that it's been due to listening to emperor's court which has given me an interest in the lebron james saga, but with a timeline on the announcement as to where he is going to go - what are your guesses on his next home over the next hour or so before the decision is final?

A while of listening to ESPN and checking online articles has me pretty convinced that he is going to go to Miami - no matter what I am certain he is going to leave cleaveland, you dont have all this buildup to turn around and say "nah I'm staying here" after all.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 08:26:34 PM by Xanith »

Sekani

• Baron
  • You don't care about any of this
    • sekani2.com
Re: "The Decision"
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2010, 09:31:53 PM »

Confirmed, Miami. OMG CONSPIRACY

Darth Xanith

• Baron
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2010, 03:39:51 AM »

I wanted to see it live, but not enough to stay up that late or pay ESPN 9 for the privilage of a 24 hour online pass. Reading reports on it and watching clips it seems to have been quite the narcissistic display, I'm hearing that he didnt even give his teammates on the Cavs a headsup before the broadcast and even only called Miami just before it that they were his decision - which if it's true is pretty disgusting.

As I said at the start basketball isnt really my sport, so does anyone have any insight into how good this Miami Heat lineup can be expected to be (I've read that while "the three" are going to make that team the rest of it arnt so great). Which teams are the ones to watch next season and if we have any Cav fans here who are you looking to get to replace him?

Epiclurker

• Monk
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2010, 03:55:24 AM »

Its far too early to make any picks other then the Lakers and maybe the Celtics. I personally hope the Cavs win the Championship next year to remind the False King that he isn't the sole purpose of the NBA.

Sekani

• Baron
  • You don't care about any of this
    • sekani2.com
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2010, 09:05:07 AM »

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5365704

This just gets better and better, lol.

Some have even compared Lebron to a face turning heel (wrestling reference).

Octale

• Lord of the Hateorade
  • Staff Member
  • Baron
  • This is the text that doesn't end. Yes it goes on
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2010, 12:52:16 PM »

It's not how I would've done it, but the "fans" in Cleveland are overreacting.  I thought Bosh's statement that he absolutely would not play in Cleveland was far more damning than LeBron choosing to go have fun and win with his friends.

We should all be that lucky.

I think the way Wade and Bosh made their announcements was the right way.  6-8 minutes on Sportscenter to thank the Cavs, and say hello to Miami.
Studio Manager
Production Manager
Destroyer of Populists

Recta

• Friar
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2010, 06:23:46 PM »

I'm not endorsing his method of revealing his pick, but it did net the Boys & Girls club around 2.5 million.  My understanding is even though this was a big ego play it didn't get any pay for Lebron.  I'm am disappointed in his pick.  I would have like to see him pick Chicago which would have lead to more balance among the good teams in the east.  Now to see how much each player gets paid and if Pat can get decent role players around the core. 

Vandal

• Vassal
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2010, 02:38:42 PM »

Plain and simple, Lebron hung his team out to dry. I understand how playing with friends in a great local is really enticing, but leaving your home city who are trying to build a franchise around you in a extremely disrespectful way is just sad. I hope Lebron gets his championship, even though its at the sake of really his dignity, just so the Miami fanbase doesn't have to deal with his crap in another 6 years. Even though he will lose to the Celts every single year. :)

Sark

• Novice
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2010, 06:03:06 PM »

The whole hour long show did not bother me. LeBron provided some nice entertainment for all of us during this "saga".

What really bothers me is Cleveland, and how they are acting. That email that the owner posted to the fans was childish. How could you throw LeBron under the bus like that. He gave that city 7 years of the best basketball they have ever seen.

Rawrx

• Novice
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2010, 11:04:49 PM »

Plain and simple, Lebron hung his team out to dry. I understand how playing with friends in a great local is really enticing, but leaving your home city who are trying to build a franchise around you in a extremely disrespectful way is just sad. I hope Lebron gets his championship, even though its at the sake of really his dignity, just so the Miami fanbase doesn't have to deal with his crap in another 6 years. Even though he will lose to the Celts every single year. :)

I disagree they have had what 6 season to build a winning team around Lebron and what does lebron get other than moe williams he gets second rate talent and a way past his prime center. Lebron made the smart choice to head for greener pastures because it was pretty obvious that the management in cleveland was quite terrible which is why the franchise was in shambles before lebron even got there.
!DOll!DO;try
try:Comramand not found

Check out my Blog @ http://rawrx-tankthis.blogspot.com/
Follow me on twitter = RawrX_
Pages: [1] 2