VtWForum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: A Snowstom Cometh?  (Read 4352 times)

Tavnazia

• Monk
  • Welcome, Chrono Trigger
    • WiFi Plotter
A Snowstom Cometh?
« on: July 08, 2010, 11:50:27 AM »

I came across a very interesting blog post today regarding Blizzard and the public affairs of some of their employees. It's quite an interesting Knowledge Bomb if you ask me. Check this out. http://asnowstormbyanyothername.blogspot.com/

with (ice=new Ice('vanilla')) { stop();collaborate();listen() if (back) {invention=new Invention; grab(me, (tight = true));} }

Feriluce

• Baron
Re: A Snowstom Cometh?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2010, 12:40:18 PM »

Knowledge bomb? Really?

Majeef

• Vassal
  • Hang 'em first, try 'em later.
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2010, 12:57:21 PM »

Man, all these sites and blogs digging for info on employees families and friends seems really creepy and sinister to me - whether they're trying to make a point or just report doesn't really matter.

I imagine there are politicians that have been under less scrutiny. Some of the people doing all this prying should spend a little time looking at their own lives first.

Tavnazia

• Monk
    • WiFi Plotter
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2010, 01:10:43 PM »

Man, all these sites and blogs digging for info on employees families and friends seems really creepy and sinister to me - whether they're trying to make a point or just report doesn't really matter.

I imagine there are politicians that have been under less scrutiny. Some of the people doing all this prying should spend a little time looking at their own lives first.

Is it digging if the info is public record and available to everyone? I don't think so.

with (ice=new Ice('vanilla')) { stop();collaborate();listen() if (back) {invention=new Invention; grab(me, (tight = true));} }

Feriluce

• Baron
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2010, 01:29:20 PM »

Is it digging if the info is public record and available to everyone? I don't think so.

Doesn't make it less creepy.

Majeef

• Vassal
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2010, 01:33:36 PM »

Yea, it's not quite the Paparazzi and it falls short of invasion of privacy, thats for sure. To actually spend time researching everything you can find out about someone and their family, compile and publish it is what feels wrong to me (in this case). Seems like it's turning a policy decision by a game company into personal attacks on employees.

Feriluce

• Baron
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2010, 01:38:25 PM »

Yea, it's not quite the Paparazzi and it falls short of invasion of privacy, thats for sure. To actually spend time researching everything you can find out about someone and their family, compile and publish it is what feels wrong to me (in this case). Seems like it's turning a policy decision by a game company into personal attacks on employees.

The thing that disturbs me most about this, however, is that bobby has kids.

Tavnazia

• Monk
    • WiFi Plotter
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2010, 01:41:44 PM »

The problem is that theses activities can't be enforced one way or another. I mean really, you can't legally stop any one for displaying information that's already available to the open public. It just ends up being a matter on who cares to read it. Same thing happens with public government documents. Many legislative documents are available to anyone, it's just a matter of how much patients you have to acquire a copy because you are guaranteed to have to jump through hoops to access it.

Majeef

• Vassal
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2010, 01:48:51 PM »

The thing that disturbs me most about this, however, is that bobby has kids.
At least they're rich kids  8)

The problem is that theses activities can't be enforced one way or another. I mean really, you can't legally stop any one for displaying information that's already available to the open public. It just ends up being a matter on who cares to read it. Same thing happens with public government documents. Many legislative documents are available to anyone, it's just a matter of how much patients you have to acquire a copy because you are guaranteed to have to jump through hoops to access it.
Yup, I agree with ya. I guess it just makes me uneasy as it's about an mmo rather than the likes of BP or a Government dept or something, the basement guerrillas have taken one step further than they have gone before :P

Manly_Stuff

• Monk
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2010, 01:52:13 PM »

I can't help but find that rather childish:

"So, you're going to attach our names if we post in your forums?

Ah! We will post all your information and that of your employees in a preemptive strike (but mean no harm, honest)!

How dare you go against the Sacred Anonimity of our Tubes! Haha! Take that!"

Oh Internet and your terror tactics, you are so adorable.

The more time we lose fighting among ourselves is just more time we give Skynet a chance to win. Think about it.
Pages: [1] 2 3