VtWForum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: The Immortals  (Read 788 times)

Alazurian

• Novice
The Immortals
« on: July 07, 2010, 11:44:08 PM »

I recently came across a book called "The Immortals" written by Tracy Hickman. Yes, this is the same Tracy Hickman that worked with Margaret Weiss to write Dragonlance novels.

This book can be found in print as well as at podiobooks.com as a free podcast download.

I would recommend that everyone read this book. The younger audience may want to have this previewed by a parent first. It is very, very thought provoking and very sad.

For those of you interested, here is the premise of the book. (I know some of you may be concerned with the title Gay, but this does not have any of that sort of action in it. It is used as a descriptor to set aside a group of people, nothing more.)

The Immortals.The future story of United States Internment Camps ... of the dreams of the pre-deceased ... and of triumph beyond oblivion.It's 2020, and an attempted cure for AIDS has mutated into a deadlier disease, V-CIDS. The U.S., under martial law, has set up "quarantine centers" in the Southwest. Searching for his gay son, Jon, media mogul Michael Barris smuggles himself into one of centers only to discover that it and the other centers are actually extermination camps. With a strange assortment of allies, including the leader of the camp's gay barracks, an army officer and a local cowboy, Barris precipitates an inmates' rebellion that promises the unraveling of the death-camp system and the overthrow of the government that established it.

Acido

• Friar
Re: The Immortals
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2010, 01:29:37 PM »

sounds very very intersting, ill have to check it out thanks for the suggestion.