VtWForum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Hobbies?  (Read 4260 times)

Ken

• Administrator
  • Baron
    • Ken's Website
Hobbies?
« on: February 11, 2010, 07:11:40 PM »

Just wondering what you guys all do in your spare time, and don't just say "gaming", add some spice to it, atleast say what type of games or what platform.

I play guitar, and plan to upload some stuff to youtube soon, probably acoustic stuff. I have some electric guitar stuff up but that was a few years ago, and I'm quite ashamed of it now, plan to replace it. Bass and mandolin too. I've sometimes help my friend out record some albums when he's in need of a musician he trusts.

And in the past year or so I've gotten quite into photography. As you can see in my sig, I have my own dA (deviantArt) account where I post up pictures of mainly landscapes and I'm starting to do more Portrait shots (people).

I've been considering starting up my own podcast about some of my hobbies, maybe do some tutorial videos on photography / guitar. But we'll see.

And ofcourse I game alot. Xbox mainly, but I also play many single player PC games, due to my annoying internet connection being very limited due to university suckage.

You guys? =D

Gnomewise

• Staff Member
  • Friar
  • Gnome chicks are Hawt.
    • Casually Hardcore
Re: Hobbies?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2010, 08:47:42 PM »

Brewing

Parenting

I plan to return to practicing Aikido in the near future

'Wise

Malaraj

• Novice
  • So say we all.
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2010, 09:34:42 PM »

Hunting
Fishing
Dallas Cowboys fan.
Working on becoming more physically active(not going so well haha)

Ken

• Administrator
  • Baron
    • Ken's Website
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2010, 09:41:15 PM »

oh yeah I workout quite a bit, went off it november - January but i'm back into it now, swimming, running and weights =]

Ghomus

• Novice
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2010, 02:22:16 AM »

Starting to get more involved in the podcasting thing, producing a short little segment for my guild podcast thus far. Also been doing rock climbing 2 (or 3, when I can) times a week. Be glad when the weather improves enough to get the road bike back out to ride to work a few times a week.

Also do a few tabletop RPGs, have a Shadowrun game and a HUGE Star Wars: Legacy game I play in. (2 GMs, 7 players)

-Ghomus

Eldrim

• Friar
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2010, 03:03:23 AM »

I read a lot, I own around 400-500 books (most in the fantasy genre) and have read good part of them more then twice. I watch a lot of anime and read way too much manga. I listen to music (of every kind, even if metal is my favorite type) and spend good portion of my day in my own dream world while listening to said music. I like trying out new types of whiskey (but canīt afford much right now:P). And I am trying to learn Japanese, but never seem to have a time to sit down and just do it. I used to study a little kung-fu  for few months (or a year, canīt remember) and have been planing to take that up again so I can get in shape.

Aurasoma

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2010, 07:03:27 AM »

Bicycling and reading. I have almost as many books as Eldim. most of them Mangas  but I also have a number of books in the fantasy/Sci Fi rang. I also dabble in 3D/CG imaging. I’m currently using Oblivion for my source engine, Fraps for Image capture and Microsoft Digital Image Pro for editing software. Below are some links to peaces I’ve published as well as 2 comic's, They show who much of an amature I am.

Someday
Bring it
Any one else
Mountain top

Dawn of the Adoring Fans
Making a comic in 5 easy steps

Aliandras

• Monk
  • The Battle Mistress
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2010, 12:39:28 PM »

Outside of gaming you say? I am pretty chill and laid back. Work does not give me a whole lot of free time right now but I take advantage of it when I do have it. I love music and play a little bit of acoustic guitar myself, though I need to take more time to practice. I read books. I like to hang out with my friends and we watch movies, play games, go out and do stuff. My boyfriend lives in Canada so unfortunately I don't get as much time with him as I would like. I have two dogs (German Shepherd and Beagle) that I have fun taking on walks or to open space parks in the mountains (I live in Colorado). I enjoy long sunset walks on the beach...... :D
"Rule #32: Enjoy the little things" ~ Zombieland

KingMushPunch

• Friar
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2010, 02:06:28 PM »

Well I work a lot but in my down time I read a fair amount I also brew beer and do tastings when ever I can. I work on a claymation web series called Orgazimation, and play MTG whenever I have time although my rating has been taking a hit sense Zendikar.

Ephigy

• Novice
  • Alea Iacta Est
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2010, 08:42:31 PM »

Aside from games I watch movies, web series' (RvB) and other shows (family guy etc), read fantasy and sci-fi novels, continue my games workshop hobby, listen to music (rock and hard dance) and podcasts (^^), and try to pull my socks up and do some animation so that I don't waste the degree in it that I have xD
Pages: [1] 2 3