VtWForum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: World Cup Fantasy Football  (Read 7508 times)

Majeef

• Vassal
  • Hang 'em first, try 'em later.
Re: World Cup Fantasy Football
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2010, 07:45:39 AM »

Yea man, that guy on 59 prob won't pick up a lot more points this round. I had Sagna as captain and changed it 7 minutes before the round 1 deadline ><. Gonna have to read up on the rules, i notice substitutions open tomorrow, I prob should have had other people in my starting 11.

Vaulisel

• Baron
  • Fashionista
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2010, 07:49:14 AM »

Yeah, I made a bunch of changes that will go into effect when the sub window opens, but I suspect some of them will bite me in the ass. I have Robben on at the moment, but his damn manager won't tell anyone if he's fit to play yet. >_<

Majeef

• Vassal
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2010, 08:15:56 AM »

Yea, I removed Barry from my office team just because I didn't want to take a chance on how many minutes he would get - but that is a different league with no transfers or subs.

Today I have Messi, Mascherano and Gerrard playing, fingers crossed these guys bring home some points  ;D

Vaulisel

• Baron
  • Fashionista
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2010, 08:31:11 AM »

Today I've got Messi, Di Maria, Johnson and A Cole up.

Vaulisel

• Baron
  • Fashionista
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2010, 11:01:12 AM »

Half time in the Argentina Nigeria game.

Ugh. Screw you Di Maria, where are my points? Don't just stand there. Majeef's picks seem to be doing well. Again. And Messi, I thought you were supposed to be the best player in the world. /rage.

I'm not as poorly off as my flatmate though. He's already cursing Maradona for not putting Otamendi on.

EDIT

Aaaaand the second half plays out more or less the same as the first for our fantasy football league. :P

Messi fails to get a goal but gets at least 12 balls into the box. Di Maria mucks about and gets pulled off in the 85th minute. Mascherano does well because Maradona is a numbskull who plays with five attackers leaving Mascherano alone in the middle.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 12:08:37 PM by Vaulisel »

Majeef

• Vassal
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2010, 12:07:11 PM »

Mascherano and Messi, 9 points a piece. Pity your man Di Maria got taken off, I think you get more points for the full 90 mins. That Nigerian keeper had a good game.

Edit: Just noticed Heinze was worth 13 points that game  :o the goal was +5
« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 12:18:36 PM by Majeef »

Vaulisel

• Baron
  • Fashionista
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2010, 12:54:44 PM »

Appearance points max out at +3 for 61+ minutes.

Frankly, that was tragically bad for Argentina. Maradona at his most pathetic. So much talent in the squad; so little talent managing the strategy. Two mean on the left and two on the right trying to do the same job up front, and a gaping void in the middle. If Argentina don't shape up they're gonna be a write-off.

Majeef

• Vassal
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2010, 02:39:53 PM »

Gerrard goal 4 mins. MOAR POINTS nom nom nom !!  ;D

Vaulisel

• Baron
  • Fashionista
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2010, 12:02:29 AM »

Yet again, my picks just kind of stood there. They got checked off on attendance. I might sub Johnson off for Maicon since all he did was show up for the game.

Majeef

• Vassal
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2010, 11:57:36 AM »

Bah! Vidic only picked me up 3 - lucky I have Bruno Alves on the bench to swap him out for. Hope Lahm does better with Germany later.

Yea I have Maicon, I expect him to bring home some bacon, got Kaka too - fingers crossed.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5