VtWForum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: World Cup Fantasy Football  (Read 7510 times)

Majeef

• Vassal
  • Hang 'em first, try 'em later.
World Cup Fantasy Football
« on: June 09, 2010, 01:35:44 PM »

Would anyone be interested in joining a vtw world cup fantasy football league?

I joined one at work but it's UK only, so I'll have a google and see if I can find any good free to play ones. If interested or know a good fantasy league gimme a shout.

OK, set up a Versus the World Cup league at http://en.mcdonalds.fantasy.fifa.com

League code is 572247-121928

For anyone that's up for it.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 02:11:42 PM by Majeef »

Pym

• Monk
Re: World Cup Fantasy Football
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2010, 08:47:47 PM »

Not sure how it'll all work, but my team is in the league, and for now the worst I can score is second! Not well versed in the football world, so my team will probably fail much, but it's ok, should be fun.

Pym
My favourite heretic in Christian history is a man called Ebion. -Stephen Tomkins

Vaulisel

• Baron
  • Fashionista
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2010, 10:09:14 PM »

Not sure how it'll all work, but my team is in the league, and for now the worst I can score is second! Not well versed in the football world, so my team will probably fail much, but it's ok, should be fun.

Pym
I am terribad at fantasy football, but the irony of a VTW team for the football world cup is too delicious to pass up. I'll set it up later tonight when I can requisition my more knowledgeable flatmate for some help with picks.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 10:22:49 PM by Vaulisel »

Pym

• Monk
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2010, 10:43:21 PM »

Yes, let's get more teams!

Octale, come make a team (just kidding, don't ban me from the forums!)
My favourite heretic in Christian history is a man called Ebion. -Stephen Tomkins

Majeef

• Vassal
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2010, 09:44:22 AM »

One day to go for anyone else that fancies taking part.

Round 1 starts 11/06/10 @ 15:45 South African time

Vaulisel

• Baron
  • Fashionista
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2010, 11:53:26 AM »

Got my team selected and joined the league. I hope we can get more than three people. Come on, it's the World Cup!

Majeef

• Vassal
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2010, 09:28:19 AM »

Yar, need more ppl to join up for a bit of fun.

Even if you missed the round 1 deadline you can still make a team and join, you just don't get points for round 1 :)

Vaulisel

• Baron
  • Fashionista
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2010, 01:06:56 AM »

Holy cow Majeef, who did you play to get 14 points in the first day?

Majeef

• Vassal
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2010, 07:31:00 AM »

Holy cow Majeef, who did you play to get 14 points in the first day?

I'm a geneis ginesis genius. Actually, I got not much idea how it works, haven't even figured out how to see other peoples teams lol. I see someone got 59! I wanna see their team.

Edit: Sagna got me 10 and Gourcuff got me 4. I have Torres as captain for double points so need him to do well on wednesday.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 07:34:22 AM by Majeef »

Vaulisel

• Baron
  • Fashionista
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2010, 07:36:35 AM »

The only way that guy could have gotten that high as far as I can see is to field a team which were all day one players, intending to then sub off those that did poorly and sub on players who have yet to play. He must be banking on picking up the lion's share of his points in the first round, and use transfers to try bring in some of the heavy hitters like Messi or Rooney or Casillas to carry the initial block of points through the group stage, taking advantage of the free transfers at the end of the group stage to build a new team for the knockout stage.

I don't normally play fantasy football, so I can't really evaluate that strategy, but it seems pretty risky to me.

I don't think you can see other people's teams, at least not while the round is running. Maybe you can afterward?

I extracted my four points from Ribery, but the douche got a yellow card, meaning I didn't get my rightful five. :P

I have Messi as captain for the time being, if he under performs I'll switch to Robinho instead.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 07:42:16 AM by Vaulisel »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5