VtWForum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Interest check - Semi-regular Newcastle (UK) LANs  (Read 1384 times)

Totalbiscuit

• Monk
  • He feeds on your Tears
    • The Cynical Brit
Interest check - Semi-regular Newcastle (UK) LANs
« on: June 07, 2010, 04:56:04 AM »

So it turns out there's a LAN centre in Newcastle upon Tyne that's really close to the train station. I'll be scoping it out this week, but from the info I've gathered it looks to be well equipped with a good selection of games. I'm planning on hiring it out for myself and the Gamefest attendees, but, knowing that quite a few of you are near to Newcastle, I'd like to gauge the interest of semi-regular events. LANs are awesome, would be nice to have them.

Like I said, it's very close to the train station so it's not difficult to get there, nor would it be particularly expensive if planned in advance. If you are interested, register your interest in this thread.

Porcelina

• Monk
Re: Interest check - Semi-regular Newcastle (UK) LANs
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2010, 04:51:07 PM »

Living in Sheffield so both interest and means of getting to Newcastle are in place.

I doubt it would be a regular thing for me though, time is precious and weekends especially so, but if the phenomenon that is Gamefest were to be held there and open invitations were to be extended, I would definitely check it out and plan a mini-break going up north.

Friar

• Novice
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2010, 12:18:31 PM »

Will it degenerate into a bunch of Geordies celebrating promotion?  If so I'll fly in.

j/k

Valrick

• Baron
  • I have a text box fetish.
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2010, 01:19:16 PM »

Awwww, this would have been awesome if I was still living down in Leeds.

Perhaps I'll be fortunate enough that one will coincide with a trip down there.

Flaric

• Monk
  • [Insert something clever and original here]
    • HGAmedia
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2010, 05:35:31 AM »

I currently study in Bournemouth, so it's a bit far away. However, I'd definitely like to take part in some of your events, so if I find an excuse to be in the area, I'm in.
"Violence doesn’t solve your problems... but it is a good basis for negotiation" - Henrik G. Andersen

ZeGerman

• Friar
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2010, 09:50:32 PM »

It's a pity I no longer live in England. Would've made the trip from Northampton without thinking twice. :(