VtWForum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: The fate of Rafa Benitez  (Read 1246 times)

Vaulisel

• Baron
  • Fashionista
The fate of Rafa Benitez
« on: June 05, 2010, 10:17:06 PM »

So Liverpool finally cut him loose. No question recent performance has been a bit soggy, but I find it strange that it seems like the media is portraying the man who led Liverpool to Champion's League victory against Juventus under Capello, Chelsea under Mourinho and Milan under Ancelotti as having been an unmitigated disaster for the club throughout his whole career there.

Anyways, where does everyone think he'll wind up next? I reckon since Inter managed to get full price for Mourinho from Real Madrid, Rafa might end up with the Nerrazzuri, but Moratti might still be gunning for Capello when the World Cup is over.

Majeef

• Vassal
  • Hang 'em first, try 'em later.
Re: The fate of Rafa Benitez
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2010, 10:22:22 PM »

Several non-Liverpool supporters I've spoke to have said he was useless, but I liked him - maybe that Champions League trophy made him infallible in my eyes. I'm not sure where he'll end up, I'm more worried about who will show up. Really don't want Roy Hodgson.  :'(

Vaulisel

• Baron
  • Fashionista
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2010, 10:30:59 PM »

Several non-Liverpool supporters I've spoke to have said he was useless...
I think that's pretty unfair on the man. If you compare the Liverpool he's leaving to the Liverpool he started with... holy cow. And he's still been turning a profit on recent transfer windows. And aren't there like 12 Liverpool players going off to the World Cup? I'm not sure that there are many Premiership clubs sending that many.

I think opinion has just soured because of his most recent season being tragic.

TheGunner

• Monk
    • The Gunner aka Kris Gunn's facebook
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2010, 01:22:30 PM »

I like Rafa, but I feel he had to go.
Liverpool needed a change. He had taken Liverpool as far as he could.

I wouldnt say his stay there was disastrous. 2 champions league final, winning arguably the best CL final of all time, a FA cup and 2nd and 3rd place finishes in the premiership.

I feel Inter will be a good club for him. He is taking over the best team in Italy and has some brilliant play at his disposal. If he can bring in some of his own players, eg Javier Mascherano, Inter will be even stronger.
The Gunner