VtWForum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: World Cup  (Read 7270 times)

Vaulisel

• Baron
  • Fashionista
Re: World Cup
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2010, 11:59:51 AM »

I feel for all you USAians out there, you where robbed with that dis-allowed goal.
What happened? I'm avoiding watching the football, since it will be the final nail in the coffin for my exam studies.

Majeef

• Vassal
  • Hang 'em first, try 'em later.
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2010, 12:18:16 PM »

USA came back from 2-0 in the first half. Scored the winner at 85 mins but the ref whistled a split second before for no apparent reason.

Vaulisel

• Baron
  • Fashionista
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2010, 12:20:35 PM »

USA came back from 2-0 in the first half. Scored the winner at 85 mins but the ref whistled a split second before for no apparent reason.
Huh. Livescore claims there was a shirt pull, but that's a pretty rubbish reason to stop a scoring play.

jdekke

• Novice
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2010, 12:33:09 PM »

Huh. Livescore claims there was a shirt pull, but that's a pretty rubbish reason to stop a scoring play.
It was not just one shirt pull. But about 4 to 5 members of both teams who where pulling each others shirt.

Vandal

• Vassal
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2010, 04:22:41 PM »

Its not even the USA game that the ref's have been screwing up. They have been questionable during the entire cup. Granted, its not like there robbing someone of a perfect game like in baseball, but its still kinda screwy.

Vaulisel

• Baron
  • Fashionista
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2010, 10:13:29 PM »

I've felt this as well. Especially in that Korean Republic game; the Koren play was both filthy and dangerous, and the ref didn't even bother to pull them up most of the time.

TheGunner

• Monk
    • The Gunner aka Kris Gunn's facebook
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2010, 03:26:37 PM »

Ive seem some rubbish world cup teams....Trust me am Scottish we've never had a good team :P
But the 2010 France team has to be one of the worst French teams I've ever seen.

Just a complete and utter joke.
The Gunner

Mardoc

• Novice
  • The Doc is in...
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2010, 09:03:58 AM »

Ive seem some rubbish world cup teams....Trust me am Scottish we've never had a good team :P
But the 2010 France team has to be one of the worst French teams I've ever seen.

The thing is, technically, they had a very capable squad. A lot of great players in there. It's a shame that the off-field drama led to them playing with no passion, I honestly believe they could have done things at this world cup.

Maybe with Laurent Blanc at the helm they can regain some of their former glory... although as an Englishman I can't say I'm too upset with the French display... especially considering how well England aren't doing...

TheGunner

• Monk
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2010, 03:13:49 PM »

The thing is, technically, they had a very capable squad. A lot of great players in there. It's a shame that the off-field drama led to them playing with no passion, I honestly believe they could have done things at this world cup.

Maybe with Laurent Blanc at the helm they can regain some of their former glory... although as an Englishman I can't say I'm too upset with the French display... especially considering how well England aren't doing...

I agree, on paper the French have a world class team. I just find it so em-brassing that a team so good, can be so bad. I feel sorry for the French supporters who paid all that money to go there, and got that in return.

Hopefully Laurent Blanc can make them a great side again. No disrespect to Raymond Domenech, but he never seemed like an international manager to me. Couldn't get the respect of his players.

Also, wee side note. Well done to England. Not convincing, but they played pretty well. But I don't think they have the quality to match the other sides in the World Cup. E.g. Brazil, Argentina, Germany.
The Gunner

TheGunner

• Monk
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2010, 07:50:36 PM »

What a World Cup it's been !!!

Defending champions Italy out without even winning a game !!!

Also 2006 finalist France getting put out without winning a game !!!

What is your opinion on the big teams failing to perform at this year's world cup ?
The Gunner
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4