VtWForum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: World Cup  (Read 7269 times)

vankrys

• Novice
Re: World Cup
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2010, 07:24:49 AM »

Spain is one of the strongest team of the moment, i'll put my money on them
player shining at the world cup: Cristiano Ronaldo, Franck Ribery,
as for small team, i would keep an eye on ivory coast , algeria , united states
underperform: France has had rough qualifying, some of the most skilled player of the world, yet, cannot produce result when put together.

TheGunner

• Monk
    • The Gunner aka Kris Gunn's facebook
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2010, 01:55:15 PM »

Spain is one of the strongest team of the moment, i'll put my money on them
player shining at the world cup: Cristiano Ronaldo, Franck Ribery,
as for small team, i would keep an eye on ivory coast , algeria , united states
underperform: France has had rough qualifying, some of the most skilled player of the world, yet, cannot produce result when put together.

Who do you think will win the World Cup ? Agentina
What player will shine at this World Cup ? Messi
What unfancied team do you think will do well at this year's competition ? Cameroon
Who do think will underperform? England/France
The Gunner

yoki

• Novice
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2010, 12:29:07 PM »

Who do you think will win the World Cup ?
I hope for Holland being from there myself although I think either Brazil or Argentina
What player will shine at this World Cup ?
Robben (the Netherlands ) if his hamstring is healed in time otherwise probl messi
What unfancied team do you think will do well at this year's competition ?
North korea ( If you dont play well your family will get killed  Wink that should make them play rather well Tongue)
Who do think will underperform?
So far i would say england

Also i found it pretty funny

Funny the Yanks celebrating a tie - they never celebrated that tie they got against North Vietnam... ;)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 01:05:15 PM by yoki »

TheGunner

• Monk
    • The Gunner aka Kris Gunn's facebook
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2010, 12:58:57 PM »

What do you think of the World Cup so far ?
Has it been good or bad ?
What team has performed best and looks like winners ?
Have the Vuvusellas been annoying :P
The Gunner

Mardoc

• Novice
  • The Doc is in...
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2010, 01:04:43 PM »

1. The vuvuzellas annoy the hell out of me... but it wouldn't be an African World Cup without them. I can deal with them if I have to.
2. A lot of teams underperforming... and a lot of pretty boring games by World Cup standards. But this is only the group stage, and there have been some inklings of the brilliance to come from certain quarters (Messi, that floppy footed, diving, cheating git Ronaldo, and the entire German team).
3. Based on the evidence we've seen so far, it's difficult to say who'll win. I'd like to see the Ivory Coast get through the group stages at the expense of Portugal, but the only teams that have shown even nearly enough quality to win it have been Germany and Argentina. And even then Argentina are a bit iffy. I'm sure some teams will pick their game up as the tournament progresses.
4. That picture is brilliant.

Vaulisel

• Baron
  • Fashionista
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2010, 01:21:35 PM »

IMO, the mind numbing horn drone and any strategic decisions made by Maradona tie for worst thing at the world cup. Portugese diving theatrics are a close second.

No, scratch that. The worst thing is the number of people here in the forums that didn't join the Versus the World Cup league in fantasy football.

Majeef

• Vassal
  • Hang 'em first, try 'em later.
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2010, 02:58:48 AM »

No, scratch that. The worst thing is the number of people here in the forums that didn't join the Versus the World Cup league in fantasy football.

Yea, but it's not too late! You can still join and take part from the second round of matches (read - each teams second games forward i.e tomorrow onwards).

There is ranking per round - not just overall, so you don't need to worry about being behind.  ;D

Mardoc

• Novice
  • The Doc is in...
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2010, 09:37:08 AM »

Well... some very interesting results out of South Africa...

Not only do Spain, one of the pre-tournament favourites, lose to the Swiss... but Germany, who looked pretty much unstoppable against Australia, lost to Serbia!

Talk about a tournament full of Cupsets... veeeeery interesting! Now, who's gonna be the first to bet England lose tonight?

Vaulisel

• Baron
  • Fashionista
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2010, 10:02:56 AM »

My fantasy football team had Schweinsteiger and Lahm too, and they both picked up yellow cards. Woe is me....

PS <shamelessplug>Join the Versus the World Cup League with League Code 572247-121928</shameless plug>

Majeef

• Vassal
  • Hang 'em first, try 'em later.
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2010, 11:53:17 AM »

I feel for all you USAians out there, you where robbed with that dis-allowed goal.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4