VtWForum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: World Cup  (Read 7271 times)

TheGunner

• Monk
    • The Gunner aka Kris Gunn's facebook
World Cup
« on: May 21, 2010, 06:32:54 PM »

With the World Cup less than a month away, and with all the teams preparing their final squads for the plane journey there,

Who do you think will win the World Cup ?
What player will shine at this World Cup ?
What unfancied team do you think will do well at this year's competition ?
Who do think will underperform?

The Gunner

Vaulisel

• Baron
  • Fashionista
Re: World Cup
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2010, 07:23:53 PM »

The World Cup has become a rather odd phenomenon here in New Zealand. I think the majority of the country is unaware how utterly outclassed we are. Still, I'd like for us to do well, because it might inspire some revival of football's popularity over here. I won't hold my breath though. We have the longest odds at the bookies of any team.

AwesomistG

• Monk
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2010, 06:56:25 AM »

I can see Germany going far this year but I'll be following Italy & Mexico. Would love U.S to get through.
History Is Made By Those Who Break The Rules

Vandal

• Vassal
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2010, 04:31:03 PM »

I think Spain will win the World Cup, probably one of the most stacked rosters I have ever seen. However, Im cheering for the good ol U S of A.

scienceismagic

• Novice
  • Hello.
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2010, 05:48:20 AM »

If Maradonna can crap some competence from somewhere, Argentina have the squad to go all they way. They are certainly due a major trophy win, and they have the best player on the planet in Messi. He is bang in form too along with Tevez. Spain's squad is riddled with injury problems at the moment and are unconvincing at the back. I'm backing Argentina at 7/1.

Good luck to Italy and Germany as well.
Ladies and Gentlemen, the Heart Break Kid Shawn Michaels, has left the building.

"Even through the darkest days, this fire burns. Always."

Vaulisel

• Baron
  • Fashionista
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2010, 08:42:35 AM »

If Maradonna can crap some competence from somewhere, Argentina have the squad to go all they way.
'Cept he's not taking Milito. He only picks people he likes, talent comes second to that.

scienceismagic

• Novice
  • Hello.
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2010, 01:45:04 PM »

Precisely my point. A competent manager and they could do it. Hopefully Messi's class will outweigh Maradonna's stupidity.
Ladies and Gentlemen, the Heart Break Kid Shawn Michaels, has left the building.

"Even through the darkest days, this fire burns. Always."

Mafer

• Friar
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2010, 03:37:20 PM »

Obivously i will be supporting England and hope we go far ths tournament, we have a good squad this year so fingers crossed!!!
other than England i think Spain will win, though as always you can probably count on Brazil being in or near the final, also think Germany will do well as always also.

TheGunner

• Monk
    • The Gunner aka Kris Gunn's facebook
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2010, 04:08:53 PM »

Obivously i will be supporting England and hope we go far ths tournament, we have a good squad this year so fingers crossed!!!
other than England i think Spain will win, though as always you can probably count on Brazil being in or near the final, also think Germany will do well as always also.

The thing with England is that they always under perform when the going gets tough,
and sadly for them I can see it happening again.

I do agree that this is England's best chance at winning it, but if they meet the likes of Brazil, Italy or Argentina at the quater finals i can see them failing.

Spain I would say are favourites, but like England they under perform as well.

I think this year, it will be Argentina's year to life the cup.
The Gunner

AwesomistG

• Monk
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2010, 03:00:22 AM »

Why are U.S not very good btw?
History Is Made By Those Who Break The Rules
Pages: [1] 2 3 4