VtWForum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 45

Author Topic: VTW Suggestions  (Read 74311 times)

Thistledown

• Baron
  • oh dear
    • i do stuff
Re: VTW Suggestions
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2010, 03:05:53 PM »

I'm also on board for a Serious Business board. Maybe like "History, Science, and Current Events"? A travel board also sounds neat but I'm not sure it would get enough traffic. Don't let that act as a deterrent, though.

Bazeleel

• Novice
  • Welcome to the Internet
    • eSports by Bazeleel
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2010, 04:55:06 PM »

What area will this improve? Main Page
Suggestion Idea: Update the "about VTW" tab

Needs to be updated with the 2 new shows that are now airing on VTW

Ken

• Administrator
  • Baron
    • Ken's Website
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2010, 06:36:48 AM »

I have been thinking about the travel thread -it could also be used for members to meet up. For example, I could post up saying that I plan to go on holiday to Canada, Toronto, and that I'd be willing to meet up with any VTW members for a drink or something.

Only problem being is this is a bit dodgy. Meeting people online is always a bit dangerous but so long as people meet up in a public place I don't see any real harm.

And Baz: Yes I agree completely. I'd edit that if I could, but I only have power over the forums.

AwesomistG

• Monk
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2010, 10:20:27 PM »

I think the forums need advertised more, alot of people look at them yet not alot post. New members should be encouraged to post and get involved within the forums.
History Is Made By Those Who Break The Rules

Bazeleel

• Novice
  • Welcome to the Internet
    • eSports by Bazeleel
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2010, 10:31:00 PM »

I think the forums need advertised more, alot of people look at them yet not alot post. New members should be encouraged to post and get involved within the forums.

100% agree, it seems to be the same 20ish people + show hosts. I think people need to understand that they won't get flames if they give their opinion or post something they are passionate about here. We are one of the fee communities that respects people and can carry on a topic with little to no fighting. I am very proud to be a part of VTW:)

John

• That -1 Guy.
  • Baron
  • The -1
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2010, 06:09:16 AM »

100% agree, it seems to be the same 20ish people + show hosts. I think people need to understand that they won't get flames if they give their opinion or post something they are passionate about here. We are one of the fee communities that respects people and can carry on a topic with little to no fighting. I am very proud to be a part of VTW:)

So am I. and this is definately not like the wcradio fourms where trolling occoured

Ken

• Administrator
  • Baron
    • Ken's Website
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2010, 07:33:52 AM »

Indeed.

So what would people suggest for advertising the forums? Personally I introduced a few real life friends here, you guys could try that. Just make sure they understand not to call you your real life name on the forums, and understand some basic things like DFTT (Don't Feed The Trolls) and some basic netiquette.

We could also extend this to advertising the entire station, increasing listener base and the community. The WoW forums are possible, but quite out of the question. As some of you will remember, mentioning WCradio on the forums was an instant deletion of thread, and if we were to advertise VTW there we'd have to be very discreet doing so.

Also on a slightly different topic to do with suggestions:

What do you guys think about the VTW shops? Here's one of them: http://octaleandhordak.spreadshirt.com/
Have you ever bought anything from there? Would you? Too expensive? Not enough choice? Any info would be appreciated =)
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 07:39:02 AM by GoheX »

AwesomistG

• Monk
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2010, 08:42:51 AM »

The t-shirts look a bit expensive for what they are. Probably just cheap ones with a logo put on. The white O&H baseball Tee looks the coolest.
The website isn't very attractive, think it could be easily improved.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 08:47:11 AM by AwesomistG »

TheWanderingBard

• Baron
  • Depressingly Accurate
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2010, 09:09:00 AM »

For my real life friends to appear here I would first have to convince them that forums are not a waste of time and then do the same for internet radio.  :-\

202. My character descriptions cannot contain more than one of the following words: Slavic, Tonedeaf, Karaoke, Musician.
2125 things Mr. Welch is no longer allowed in an RPG

AwesomistG

• Monk
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2010, 09:22:15 AM »

GoheX managed to convince me.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 45