VtWForum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: TotalBiscuit's Future.  (Read 1524 times)

John

• That -1 Guy.
  • Baron
  • The -1
TotalBiscuit's Future.
« on: April 30, 2018, 11:54:19 PM »

The title and link say it all, TB's body has become resistant to Chemo and his liver is starting to fail, which has disqualified him from the clinical trial he was going to take (tho he will keep searching for a new trial). As such he is retiring from being a games critic to spend more time with his family and to stream/play co-op games with Genna.

Ooof, This one hurts. I remember stumbling across WoW Radio back in the summer/fall of 2009, August 29th to be exact; I still have my registration email, while I was exploring the iTunes store looking for WoW podcasts. I found Casually Hardcore first, which was followed by Octale and Hordak Versus the World, and Blue Plz! That whole summer was spent voraciously consuming all of the episodes of those shows that I could, listening to them while in the car, reading a book, doing yard work, or playing WoW. Hell, my first forum experience was on the WoW Radio forums (as Shawncaster of course) where TB quickly taught me Wheaton's Law. The way I behave online now as an adult can be credited, in part, to that early lesson.

That was almost 10 years ago now, when I was 12. I am turning 22 in about 15 minutes and am engaged. (And I still use [EPIC] and Blue Plz! as something to keep me entertained when doing yard work)

So much has changed over the years for all of us, be it graduating from high school and college, getting married and having kids, career changes, or anything in between, but a single constant has been TotalBiscuit producing some type of content for us to enjoy. It's tough to know that some day soon, the content might stop.

I dunno if any of the community that were around for the end of WoW Radio and the founding of the three stations that came from it are still floating about, but, I'd like to ask everyone what their first encounter with TB was? Be it good, bad, or otherwise, how did you encounter the Cynical Brit?

https://www.reddit.com/r/cynicalbritofficial/comments/8g4eoj/official_totalbiscuits_future/

Ken

• Administrator
  • Baron
    • Ken's Website
Re: TotalBiscuit's Future.
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2018, 08:57:31 AM »

Jesus. It's hard to believe that after he beat cancer before, life can be this cruel.

I believe I first found O&HVTW, then subsequently Casually Hardcore & Blue Plz back on WCRadio. I remember trying to go to Bloodstock Fest in the UK when I was about 14 / 15 in order to meet TB (which would've been my first travelling alone, and cross country). Sadly my parents didn't let me at the time (understandably).

TotalBiscuit's "Podcast 101" inspired my first podcast, and his unique style and care for quality always made me have complete respect for him.

Tabaxion

• Baron
    • Indeed Podcast
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2018, 12:32:03 PM »

My thoughts are with him and his family.   This journey through life is not easy.  The actions we do to inspire others is a part of the legacy we leave behind.  He will leave one hell of a legacy behind.  I am happy to hear he is fighting even with the news.   

TAB
Tabaxion

Show Co-Host and all around good guy

Ken

• Administrator
  • Baron
    • Ken's Website
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2018, 06:56:22 AM »

I had a roam through some old times with TB here, and one of his last posts on this forum was this:

....I think any of you with a modicum of common sense will realise that the WoW Radio split was not in fact, a happy one. Thankfully, what came out of it was a great station with high-standards and not a bad show on it (this one) and the path I needed to make my broadcasting career dream a reality.

I'd say that was worth all the bullshit honestly.