VtWForum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Tek Syndicate Meltdown  (Read 1715 times)

Tabaxion

• Baron
    • Indeed Podcast
Tek Syndicate Meltdown
« on: September 19, 2016, 02:59:30 PM »

When a business gets too big for their own good and has no transparencies with the clientele, you get the Tek Syndicate Meltdown.

Qain from Tek Syndicate has join Indeed Podcast a few times in the past and is a pretty well know youtuber and reviewer.   It was his full time gig.   Tek Syndicate, being the company he was working for expanded and moved from NYC to Seattle then to Portland OR.  This was in hopes they continue to grow and expand.  Their Patreon account was bringing in 10k a month alone.  Not to mention all the endorsements and ad revenue.   So sometime in Auguest a comment was made that they were barely getting by.   The Patreon folk were shocked, on top of they were not fulfilling the commitments in the first place, and started to question Logan, the frontman of Tek Syndicate and top dog.   Well, that started a lot of finger pointing. (You can see it by searching Tek Syndicate drama in reddit)

In the end, Logan is all by himself at Tek Syndicate for youtube podcast.   Qain, Wendell and Jennifer have been let go/quit (nothing official has been stated)   The Patron has dropped to under 2k a month.  It was a meltdown in all cases, and a sad one.  Tek Syndicate was a good review show and it brought a lot of folk together talking about tech and games.   It was a community which people enjoyed and showed their love.   But When money starts flowing in to the level that Tek Syndicate saw.  Greed can become a serious temptation.   

Qain and I had a meal on his way out of Portland.  He is a good friend of myself, and of Indeed Podcast.   Which Indeed is supporting him 100% on his next adventure.   His personal Patreon account is doing well.  I just wanted to point out that communities exist for a purpose and the positive that comes out of it is better than most everything you find in this crummy world.  Always look at what you can do to make it better for everyone, and bring those experiences to light.   This is an experience you can always share with family and friends.  Generations of people speaking the same thoughts and expression for a long time to come.

-TAB- 
Tabaxion

Show Co-Host and all around good guy

Docdead

• Owner
  • Baron
    • Show X
Re: Tek Syndicate Meltdown
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2016, 08:46:21 PM »

Wow, that is really unfortunate to hear. I liked the stuff I saw Tek Syndicate put out. Maybe this is a falsehood on my part, but there are lots of reasons that I choose to keep things small and simple here at VtWProductions and why I encourage positive interactions between the community. Also why we at Show X are transparent with what we are using the patreon money we bring in for. I mean, it would be great to be able to do this for everyone full time and produce entertaining content every day of the week, but I like how we manage things here.
At the same time, if ever anyone has criticism or comments about how we do things at VtW, please send them to me or make a forum post to discuss it.