VtWForum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Wildstar Guild and Server info  (Read 1269 times)

Aristile

• Cuttest Kitten
  • Baron
  • VtW's Little Princess
Wildstar Guild and Server info
« on: May 29, 2014, 04:48:20 AM »

At 3:01a.m. EDT/12:01a.m. PDT on May 31st* we will be jumping into Wildstar.
In an effort to try to get all of VtW together in one place to play this new game, we will be starting a guild on the Exile side of the PvE server Mikros.
If you would like to join us, jump on the VTW productions Ventrilo at the time stated above.

Ventrilo info:
vtw.typefrag.com
weareversus!

*assuming the head start doesn't implode their servers
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 05:10:19 AM by Aristile »

Tabaxion

• Baron
    • Indeed Podcast
Re: Wildstar Guild and Server info
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2014, 01:51:17 PM »

When time and money are available, I will be looking into this.

-TAB-
Tabaxion

Show Co-Host and all around good guy

Red Dog Dragon

• Baron
  • Pink Pony is Best Pony
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2014, 01:23:40 PM »

So how's it going so far?

Vaulisel

• Baron
  • Fashionista
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2014, 11:51:00 PM »

I like it, personally. I haven't really done all that much though, from a certain point of view, because there's frankly a lot of goofing-off and exploring to be done outside of levelling to max and doing dungeons et al. An awful lot of people spend an awful lot of time messing about with their housing plot as well rather than progressing their character. There's even a DDR-esque minigame in the Exile capital. I'm inclined to think I still slightly prefer TERA mechanically, but Wildstar's combat system works plenty well, and the world is much more solid than TERA's. It seems to be a really like-it-or-hate-it deal; a lot of people find something to hate about it, whether it's the exaggerated cartoony art, goofy spaghetti-western attitudes, the rather taxing always-must-stay-focused-to-avoid-death combat, the absolutely colossal zone sizes or whatever. All of these things are plusses for me though (although honestly there's a limit to how long I can grind at a time due to the sheer attentiveness required) and while there are things I hate (looking at you, Mayday mission) it has overall been a positive experience for me.

The only major lack is in uptake from the VtW community. I wish more of you guys would come and play.

Aristile

• Cuttest Kitten
  • Baron
  • VtW's Little Princess
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2014, 05:34:15 AM »

The guild is currently 5 fairly casual to moderately playing doods, but we still managed to scrape together enough backbone to do our regular crazy MMO shenanigans last night.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 05:47:17 AM by Aristile »

Serathis

• Monk
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2014, 05:00:29 AM »

Transferred over to US, now trying to figure out which realm to roll on.

Serathis

• Monk
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2014, 12:39:21 PM »

Apparently transferring means that they move your currency region. So I get to get stuff cheaper. I can just set the launcher to EU and keep my stuff. Why even bother making regions then?

Thepalerider

• Monk
  • Towards a Brighter Future
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2014, 12:37:36 AM »

Is this still a thing? I was looking into it for curiosity's sake and the Gun Mage guy caught my eye as everything I've ever dreamed of. Magical gunslinger is literally what I want to be when I grow up. I'm just wondering if this is a thing before I drop $60 bucks on it or if two months later I'll be the only one left drooling in a pool of how much I love gun mages.