VtWForum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: TomBadguy.com - Top 5 Super Mario Games  (Read 923 times)

Tom Badguy

• Vassal
  • The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
TomBadguy.com - Top 5 Super Mario Games
« on: November 06, 2013, 01:50:49 AM »

And your top 5 are....?
Listen to new episodes of Tales Of Relevant Thought every Sunday at 7PM EST/5PM MST!

Ebion

• The Cruelest Creature on the Planet
  • Baron
  • Snooze
Re: TomBadguy.com - Top 5 Super Mario Games
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2013, 02:31:37 AM »

1. Super Mario RPG - Awesome combat system, incredibly colorful art assets, humorous and charming story and characters, overall amazing.

2. Super Mario World - The pinnacle of the Super Mario platformer, lots of great content and re-playability.

3. Super Mario Galaxy - Great game, best controls on the Wii bar-none.

4. Super Mario Bros. 3 - Best NES mario title, great fun, it's only this low because I'm still salty about the damned Ice and Piranha worlds.

5. Mario Party 2 - Best Mario Party game. I had tons of fun with friends with this game and still do. Best mini-games of any Mario Party I played.

Tom Badguy

• Vassal
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2013, 01:42:04 PM »

Mario Party 2 is indeed cool. Though I've only played Mario Party 1 and 2, the TORT boys are actually on a mission to play as many Mario Party's as we can. We have 3 and 4 incoming.
Listen to new episodes of Tales Of Relevant Thought every Sunday at 7PM EST/5PM MST!

Docdead

• Owner
  • Baron
    • Show X
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2013, 08:23:30 AM »

Hmmm... I have surprisingly only played a few Mario titles... I only ever owned an original NES and a couple early Gameboys...

1. Super Mario Bros. - This is the one that got me into the franchise and the characters and still remains my most loved. It is challenging and in some cases, brutal. It has great gameplay and controls, secrets and cheats. Such a great experience.

2. Super Mario Bros. 3 - Admittedly I enjoyed the Wizard and how it showcased this game. SMB3 added new play mechanics with the different suits that Mario could wear and kept to many of the same core mechanics of the first two games. It added a sense of control by allowing you to path through the game worlds, yet kept features like warping, with the whistle.

3. Super Mario Bros. 2 - Not really a great game, but still a lot of fun. The ability to choose a character before each level added some replay-ability to the game and mixed up how you could beat a level. I still remember deciding to play each character equally, and choose left to right so that when I beat the game for the first time, it highlighted each character as the MVP for the game.

4. Mario 64 - I never owned it, so I only got to play snippets of the game, but it was cool to finally play a Mario type platformer in 3D. The worlds were simple, yet beautiful and Nintendo managed to make decent boss fights in a 3D platformer style.

5. Super Mario World - This game was beautiful and continued where Mario Bros. 3 had left off. World choices, new environments, and the introduction of Yoshi. This would likely have been higher on my list, but again, I did not own it, so I had to play it at other people's houses.

Tom Badguy

• Vassal
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2013, 01:13:28 PM »

I can't stand Mario 64. I knew when that game came out, Mario would be changed forever. The beginning of the end, if you ask me.