VtWForum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Pre-VTWproductions O&H episodes  (Read 3043 times)

Myke

• Friar
Pre-VTWproductions O&H episodes
« on: November 05, 2013, 10:14:48 AM »

So, wcradio.com is currently not working. Every now and again, I would download a bunch of the O&H episodes, essentially collecting them. Since the website & it's archives aren't currently accessible, I was hoping that the crew would still have the files backed up somewhere.

Ken

• Administrator
  • Baron
    • Ken's Website
Re: Pre-VTWproductions O&H episodes
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2013, 10:53:29 AM »

We have an archive of some here at VTW but I can't help you accessing the older ones.

For newer ones, there is a method to access them. We don't have a web page set up for these but I can help you here.

To access these newer shows, you can copy paste the following link, then type in the filename you wish to listen to (I attached a picture with a list of some of them as examples). You should be able to work out the name of the files based on airing dates weekly.

Code: [Select]
www.media.vtwproductions.com/archive/OctaleHordak/
Here is a list of some episodes:

Here is an example of one typed into the browser, playing in Chrome:

I hope this helps. I'll mention it to staff that we don't have access anymore and that WCRadio appears to have gone under. I assume this is because no one is paying for the domain anymore.

Cheers,
Ken

Myke

• Friar
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2013, 11:29:07 AM »

I managed to locate the old news page for the links, so I'm getting them that way, but thanks for the help. I'll understand if you can't get the older files, but I'm hoping Octale & Hordak may have kept them backed up. Trying to search via iTunes is a pain the ass.

Ken

• Administrator
  • Baron
    • Ken's Website
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2013, 11:39:09 AM »

I managed to locate the old news page for the links, so I'm getting them that way, but thanks for the help. I'll understand if you can't get the older files, but I'm hoping Octale & Hordak may have kept them backed up. Trying to search via iTunes is a pain the ass.

I doubt it. The archives will still be available on the server wcradio was attached to though I assume, it's just a matter of getting them back. I've posted in the staff board about it to see if we can salvage the shows our staff were hosts of (but not others as VTW obviously has little say in what happens to podcasts of shows that are unaffiliated with us without their permission!).

Cheers,
Ken

Myke

• Friar
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2013, 11:44:06 AM »

Thanks. Appreciate whatever can be done.

Ebion

• The Cruelest Creature on the Planet
  • Baron
  • Snooze
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2013, 02:26:33 AM »

http://media.wcradio.com/archive/OctaleHordak/

You should be able to find anything from the old archive here. But a lot of the archives are out of chronological order and I cannot guarantee every episode is available.

~Ebion

Myke

• Friar
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2013, 10:55:17 AM »

Much appreciated!!!

Docdead

• Owner
  • Baron
    • Show X
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2014, 12:54:50 AM »

It is sad to see old shows go away. I will be working to maintain some of the older episodes as I can gather them. Check out http://wcradioarchive.blogspot.com/ for older shows as I acquire the permissions to post them. Also the files themselves...

Myke

• Friar
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2015, 09:01:13 PM »

So has there been any updates to the older show episodes? Or are they lost in time now?

Docdead

• Owner
  • Baron
    • Show X
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2015, 12:52:25 AM »

I will talk to Octale again about trying to get access to the old episodes
Pages: [1] 2