VtWForum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: TomBadguy.com - Top 3 Fighting Games(That Aren't Street Fighter)  (Read 2098 times)

Tom Badguy

• Vassal
  • The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA

Latest content from TomBadguy.com. Click the image above to check out the article.

And your top 3 are?
Listen to new episodes of Tales Of Relevant Thought every Sunday at 7PM EST/5PM MST!

Docdead

• Owner
  • Baron
    • Show X
Re: TomBadguy.com - Top 3 Fighting Games(That Aren't Street Fighter)
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2013, 08:55:11 AM »

My top 3 that aren't street fighter, in no particular order:

Dark Stalkers
Tekken 2
Killer Instinct

with a throw back to Time Killers for being awesome

Tom Badguy

• Vassal
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2013, 12:56:37 PM »

My top 3 that aren't street fighter, in no particular order:

Dark Stalkers
Tekken 2
Killer Instinct

with a throw back to Time Killers for being awesome

You going to get the new KI?
Listen to new episodes of Tales Of Relevant Thought every Sunday at 7PM EST/5PM MST!

Darth Zannah

• Monk
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2013, 11:17:31 AM »

lol @ that list top 3 that aren't street fight but they list street fighter vs xmen and mavel vs capcom one is a street fighter game the other is could be counted as one also.

3. Mortal combat 2
2. Killer Instinct
1. Tekken 2

Tom Badguy

• Vassal
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2013, 05:22:33 PM »

lol @ that list top 3 that aren't street fight but they list street fighter vs xmen and mavel vs capcom one is a street fighter game the other is could be counted as one also.

3. Mortal combat 2
2. Killer Instinct
1. Tekken 2

lol I know what you mean, but it the Street Fighter series is my favorite and I didn't want to drone on and on AGAIN about Street Fighter 4. But yeah, it is really hard for me to like a fighter that doesn't have SF characters at least in it. Or that's not made by Capcom.

Docdead

• Owner
  • Baron
    • Show X
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2013, 06:49:12 PM »

I doubt I will get the next KI, since I won't have an Xbox One, but if it comes out for the PC... I'm there. And I was really struggling, because I think that Mortal Kombat II should really be on my list above KI from the number of hours I had invested in it.

Tom Badguy

• Vassal
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2013, 01:52:23 PM »

I doubt I will get the next KI, since I won't have an Xbox One, but if it comes out for the PC... I'm there. And I was really struggling, because I think that Mortal Kombat II should really be on my list above KI from the number of hours I had invested in it.

MK2 was definitely a classic. I did not like the changes they made in 3 with the stupid run button and the mash out combos.

Also, just found out Fulgore will be in the new KI.

Aristile

• Cuttest Kitten
  • Baron
  • VtW's Little Princess
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2013, 04:52:01 PM »

Sorry dooder, but I completely disagree with this list. Sure these games were popular, and were popular for a reason, but the wonderful thing about fighting games is they don't stop evolving. These games can't even hold a candle to what's out nowadays... especially the much overlooked "Anime Fighter" Sub-genre.
The Ark Sys system staple of BURST simply makes all other fighting games obsolete. Ask any pro who's played P4A, Blazblue, or GG. BURST is simply the best thing for 2d fighters since combo's were accidentally invented.
I'll throw my top 3 out there just for funzies, but my main point of posting is to get more awareness to the anime fighter sub-genre.

1. Persona 4 arena
2. Melty Blood Actress Again
3. Blazblue Continuum Shift Extend

Tom Badguy

• Vassal
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2013, 09:38:13 PM »

P4A???

o.O

Miles and I tried playing that at NDK. We sat down for one fight and moved on. Can you explain the button config for me? I didn't get it at all.

Aristile

• Cuttest Kitten
  • Baron
  • VtW's Little Princess
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2013, 09:31:54 AM »

Head's up. I'm gucci burr wasted while writing this. So, expect all the grammar and spelling errors.
it's a 4 button air dash fighter. Controls are as follows
Before that though, We never did have that street fighter match. If you have it on pc, we should rock and roll.

light character attack - A
heavy character attack - B
light persona attack - C
heavy persona attack - D

All motions are half circles or quarter circles, until suplex comes out there are NO 623 DP motions. Accidental inputs are NEVER a thing, even with lag.

Hop - 2A+C
Short forward jump, used for canceling

Air Turn - A+C (in Air)
Turns your character while in air, used for unique crossup set ups.

Roll - A+C neutral
Completely invincible for 10 frames, moves character slightly forward, VERY unsafe

Sweep - 2A+B
Universal Sweep

All out attack - A+B
This is a universal overhead. Very slow. VERY unsafe. Can be mashed for more hits, and ends in a launcher(C) or wall bounce(D) depending of which button is hit. Launcher can be followed up by holding 8. Most specials don't seem to come out after this... nobody knows why.  This is only used to surprise dooders. Has 1 hit of super armor.

Throw - C+D

DP - ?+? (Whatever the gucci I have it macro'd to)
Character's DP's are all very powerful and very unsafe. Some are counters. That's right gucci's DP's can be one button! Hope you know how to punish them. Wake up DP's are a thing, and a very prevalent thing.

Most characters 2B's are air unblockable

SP Skills, Same as EX's in street fighter

Standard Air Dash Fighter air movement applies

Burst - A+B+C+D
If Neutral: Will knock opponent back to full screen distance and gives full meter (~40 second recharge)
If being combo'd: Will push opponent full screen distance and stop whatever the gucci they're doing (~80 second recharge)
If comboing: Will auto launch the opponent and reset you to neutral state (~40 second recharge)

Oh, and mashing A will produce an auto combo that does like... no damage, but gives extra meter on the 4th hit. Look's cool, but unless you're playing Yosuke it's not viable in real play.

As a side note, what sticks/pads do you guys use.
I use a madcatz sfxtekken pad for most 6 button fighters and a tatsunoko vs capcom fight stick for most 4 button fighters,
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 10:05:26 AM by Aristile »

Pages: [1] 2