VtWForum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: TomBadguy.com - Top 4 Gaming Consoles  (Read 766 times)

Tom Badguy

• Vassal
  • The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
TomBadguy.com - Top 4 Gaming Consoles
« on: October 28, 2013, 04:24:03 AM »

Latest content from TomBadguy.com. Click the image above to check out the article.

What is your top 4?
Listen to new episodes of Tales Of Relevant Thought every Sunday at 7PM EST/5PM MST!

Tabaxion

• Baron
    • Indeed Podcast
Re: TomBadguy.com - Top 4 Gaming Consoles
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2013, 02:40:18 PM »

Nice list.  I couldn't argue that number 1 spot.  The SNES was build right out of the box and a solid platform, with games pushing or imagination beyond the scope we thought possible.  But the rest of the list for me would look like:

2. ColecoVision.  This system gave us the fresh look at "Arcade Style" games in the home after what Atari started.  With games like Dig Dug, Donkey Kong, and my personal favorite, WARROOM.  They started a push to allow the graphics to drive systems and the ability to change the controller (with controller covers)  This unit was well build for the time is was it.

3. PS2:  The PS2 was not only a major highlight in Sony's history (for both its games business and the company as a whole), but it also helped launch the DVD format into the VHS-killer that it became.  Yes, it help kill VHS.  But it was a pretty solid system with amazing titles.   

4. GameCube:  Only because of the endless enjoyment of family games, and the easy to play the.  Still, from Resident Evil 4 to F-Zero GX, Super Smash Bros. Melee to Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem, and from Star Wars Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader to Pikmin 1 and 2,   This create hours of enjoyment, with wonderful story and color.   Granted the system could have took a few more steps in processing power before release to help compete with PS2, but this set Nintendo to whom they marketed to in the years that followed.  Which didn't hurt them too much.

-TAB-
Tabaxion

Show Co-Host and all around good guy

Tom Badguy

• Vassal
  • The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Re: TomBadguy.com - Top 4 Gaming Consoles
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2013, 02:05:22 AM »

I have to admit, I've never given the GC a fair shake, but I didn't like how they took games I liked and turned them into something I didn't like, except probably Metroid. I may get one on eBay and try it, but I have a gut feeling that I won't like it.
Listen to new episodes of Tales Of Relevant Thought every Sunday at 7PM EST/5PM MST!