VtWForum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Geek I/O Episode 19: "2D6 damage to your liver"  (Read 1056 times)

JonFromSeattle

• Friar
  • Geek I/O Head Producer
    • Geek I/O
Geek I/O Episode 19: "2D6 damage to your liver"
« on: May 16, 2013, 01:04:50 AM »

Geek I/O Episode 19: "2D6 Damage To Your Liver."

Welcome to Geek IO episode 19, recorded Wednesday 15th of May 2013! I’m your host CJ Boat,  I’m Jarred Azevedo, I’m Jared Budlong, and I’m Jonathan Slater.

Joining us this week: The only crew to do 2D6 damage against your liver, the podcast that brought you the burning question “Will Tom & David kiss on the mouth?”, Featuring the DM David Crennen, the players, Matt Buchholtz (Shifter Cleric), Matt Cook (Hengeyokai Sorcerer), Brian McGrath (Beastmaster Ranger), and “Handsome” Gary M Soldati (Dwarven Swordmage), of the AMAZING D&D Live-play podcast, Crit Juice!

Geek out with the guest(s) about their stuff! (Interview Section)

What We’re Playing G3:

CJ Boat - Infamous 2, Injustice demo, pokemon yellow onine (http://www.playr.org/) working

Jarred Azevedo - New workout makes me sore.  Spotify.

Rachel Boat - Making fun of CJ and his palmetto bug freak out,

Jared Budlong - Chrome Extension: Definition of Numbers, Hangouts (spoilers?), the internship just got a mention at I/O (doubt it will help since the audience will probably know about it already).

Jonathan Slater - It was the best of times, it was the worst of times...Re-learning NiNoKuni (Got to the Cat King), Hyperdimension Neptunia (Worst RPG I’ve ever tried), Tales of graces f (hey another tales game, and Tales of Xillia is coming soon), Labyrinth Legends (free on PSN), Sleeping Dogs (free on PSN now I own this on ps3 and xbox now), Buzz trivia game (I’m fairly good at trivia), Disgaea 4 (awesome game!), Saw ‘The Great Gatsby’ on Friday. (9.9/10 film. The music at certain times sucked thanks to Jay-Z “H to the izzo”)

Guests - doing comedy and playing D&D

News!:
CJ: Goolge IO happened today!
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/technology/2013/05/big-google-announcements-coming-today-at-google-io-event-live-coverage/
http://live.theverge.com/live-google-io-2013/
Multi platform play time code 1:19:40

*Intermission Time*(approx 5-7 mins)

“The Great Dale Campbell” from the tadpool and Chefwonder Podcasts made time in his busy schedule to watch this movie and sent us his audio review (he has a full written review on our website). Thank you DALE!

MOVIE TRAILER/CLIP

Title: Bio-Dome
Suggested By: Rachel (for Pauly Shore month)
Movie can be seen: Youtube. This movie isn’t streaming at the moment.
Movie Synopsis: Bud and Doyle's girlfriends just dumped them. Now the two friends get trapped in the "Bio-Dome" trying to show their girlfriends that they too are environmentally correct. Will they even get out of the big bubble?
Release Date: January 12, 1996

Main Actors/Actresses:
Pauly Shore as Bud Macintosh
Stephen Baldwin as Doyle Johnson
Joey Lauren Adams as Monique
Teresa Hill as Jen
William Atherton as Dr. Noah Faulkner

Trivia:
TMS Scott Johnson Connection - Kevin West who plays T.C. Romulus in the film, also played as Randy Wysniewsky on West Wing.

Kylie Minogue who plays as Dr. Petra Von Kant in this film, played as Astrid Peth in the 2007 Doctor Who episode “Voyage of the damned.”

During the "restoration of the dome" sequence near the end of the film in which Safety Dance is playing, a dwarf dressed in medieval attire is following the group. This is a direct reference to the original music video for Safety Dance, which features a dwarf in those same clothes.

Well Known Quotes:
Bud: Woah, Woah, Woah! Wait a minute! You guys aren't one of those freaky cults are you? Ya know, who dance naked and you want us to take off our clothes and feed us special punch?
Falkner: ...No...
Bud: Damn! We were so close.

Bud: Russel! How'd you get a job?
Russell: Fucking President Clinton.
Doyle: You had sex with President Clinton?

DALE'S REVIEW
RANT/REVIEW:
(45-60 Minutes)

WRAP UP:
How to reach our guest
critjuice.com - Crit Juice

How to reach us
about.me/dragoskai - CJ
about.me/jaztech - JARRED A
about.me/geminii - RACHEL
about.me/jared.budlong - JARED B.
about.me/jonfromseattle- SLATER

CJ To explain the new Geek I/O format! (since *some* people are still confused >.>)

Next Episode Guest: Zach Woolf of the Major Spoilers Podcast

Raised by a father who learned to read from the pages of Amazing Spider-Man, Zach was exposed to geek life at an early age. Spending childhood days building with little colored bricks and fighting creatures kept inside a red and white ball, Zach never knew how this was shaping him to become a full-blown NERD. Having recently come to this conclusion, his days are now spent scouring back bins, explaining why Batman beats all, and making jokes that go unappreciated.

Next Rant & Review: Encino Man, as part of Pauly Shore Month. This film isn’t streaming but it is free on youtube right now.

We want your help.
… Did we miss some big news?
… Do you need some insight into something? (AKA our totally unprofessional opinions!)
… We want to make YOU happy because, as our listeners, we want to entertain you! 
So send your emails to: feedback@geek-io.com

Geek I/O is a proud member of Versus the World Productions at VTWProductions.com along with a ton of other great shows including “Your Opinion is WRONG!” by Wayne & Ken of Show X fame!
This show can be heard live on Wednesdays starting around 9:30PM Eastern on VTW Radio, also found on VTWProductions.com. If you miss us live, we re-air Fridays at 2PM Eastern.

You can view this show, along with Dale’s Chefwonder podcasts, Comic Geek I/O, Disney Geek I/O and the BRAND NEW How It Stacks with JD and Willis at Geek-io.com! You can view our calendar of show releases, contact us, and tons of other fun things!

Geek I/O Movie Smackdown Update: CJ Boat
Slater is still in the lead at #1 with Iron Man 3’s Rotten Tomato rating now at 78% with a US Domestic gross of $294,723,579.00 and the Gross Purchase Price of $5,894,471.58. Iron Man is ending its two week run this Friday.

Rachel is at #2 from last week with The Great Gatsby. The Rotten Tomato rating at 51% with a US Domestic gross of $59,405,436.00 and the Gross Purchase Price of $2,284,824.46.

This week we have Azevedo’s “Star Trek: Into Darkness” with a Rotten Tomato rating of 88% making it’s debut this Thursday. Stay tuned next week for the latest “Smackdown” update.

Geek I/O previews:
Disney Geek I/O is this Sunday’s show, and this week we’re covering the ABC/Disney TV fall previews, Smaller holidays at the park, how to treat cast members, and much more!

How it Stacks - Mega Man is UP! Next is...

You can locate the show archives at geek-io.com. Our show notes are always at http://www.geek-io.com/forum where we invite you to discuss what you liked about the episodes, news topics, feedback on what were playing with, etc.

Do you think we could sound or look better? You can give us geeks love (i.e. - money) to our great show. How you ask? Go on over to http://www.geek-io.com/tipjar to donate some of that much needed geek love to the show. If you donate $5 (or more) to the cause, we will give you a shout out and read *anything* you want us to read at the top of the show! Helps give a plug to you, or if you just want to be silly - and it helps keep the lights on here at the show.

Show music is brought to you by Evan Carter, Ben Landis and Andrew Allen!
Please help us support indie artists!

You can purchase Andrew’s “Smooth Federation” on Amazon.com by using our affiliation link http://www.geek-io.com/amazon.
Ben’s album “Adventure’s in Pixels” can be bought through http://music.adventuresinpixels.net/ for $7.00 dollars. 

We can be heard on iTunes as well as Stitcher Radio,  so please be sure to leave an honest review of the show on iTunes, and we will gladly read it on the show.

Geek IO is now on the Twit-titer! Follow us and tweet along by using @geekioshow and using the hash-tag #geekioshow

Be sure to follow our #1 Tech Reviewer, Raul “Tony Stark” Garza @TechGarza.

Dale’s ChefWonder Meda can be found at geek-io.com/chefwonder where you can check out a multitude of other great things from our future Aussie. You can also twitter him @TheDaleCampbell and be sure like his facebook page facebook.com/chefwondermedia

“Happy Birthday Jose Castillo (KryptonLogic)” Jose turns 23 today. Congrats duder!

We want to give a huge “Thank You!” tonight to The cast *and producers of Crit Juice. Thank you so very much for taking time out of your busy schedule to chat and hang out with us geeks.

Extremely Final Words Of Thought:
Free-For-All
We’ll catch you next week folks!
Keep Calm and Geek Out
Got tech questions, have a funny tech story, mp3 attachments, or questions for our guest? Send your email to Feedback@geek-io.com