VtWForum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: And more shovels of dirt are piled on WOW  (Read 1390 times)

Darth Zannah

• Monk
And more shovels of dirt are piled on WOW
« on: May 11, 2013, 06:00:03 PM »

Ken

• Administrator
  • Baron
    • Ken's Website
Re: And more shovels of dirt are piled on WOW
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2013, 07:03:24 PM »

She'll be alive for years yet. Not with the same playerbase perhaps but the servers will be online for atleast a decade imo.

Red Dog Dragon

• Baron
  • Pink Pony is Best Pony
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2013, 09:09:29 AM »

With 8.3 million other subscribers still playing, I wouldn't break into sweat just yet.

Hell, don't they always lose a bunch of people towards the end of an expansion only to add more when the next one comes out?

Darth Zannah

• Monk
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2013, 09:49:45 AM »

Well problem with WOW stagging numbers, is the china market. In china they pay by minute not per month. So if Mr.gold farmer logged in for 30 sec this month and payed less then 5 cents in that is same as a U.S. player pay for a month sub in the 8.3 million count. At the height the rumor was 50% of player base came from china, given their sub pricing the fact very few games get a china release that % has grown I'm guessing.
Don't get me wrong I am sure they have well over 2 mil typical subs but that number is in a very staggering decline and will be the number that kills wow or makes it go F2P.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 09:51:56 AM by Darth Zannah »

Myke

• Friar
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2013, 05:29:18 PM »

Since when was Exodus ever a  "top" raiding guild? Unless I'm confusing them with another raiding guild that is infamous for cheating.