VtWForum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: ...and my axe!  (Read 1473 times)

Red Dog Dragon

• Baron
  • Pink Pony is Best Pony
...and my axe!
« on: April 15, 2013, 10:42:20 AM »

Ever since the recent show where you guys talked about all the good (and bad) times we had as Embezzlement, I've been itching all over to play an MMO again.

Seriously, we need to get the band back together.  Let's find a MMO we can play together and get our raid on!  It doesn't even have to be the bestest of MMO's, let's get it on!

Aristile

• Cuttest Kitten
  • Baron
  • VtW's Little Princess
Re: ...and my axe!
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2013, 03:09:30 PM »

This is the game I'd like to play. Unfortunately, it dead.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_N2518maVDo[/youtube]
Been playing TSW though, we got doods playing. Hell I even saw baron online.

Vaulisel

• Baron
  • Fashionista
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2013, 05:41:33 PM »

Realistically, we just don't have people willing to commit a time slot every week to do large group content. The core reason for Embezzlement's guttering was people reneging on their commitment to be there each week with increasing frequency. Even though the great investment people had in WoW was able to be leveraged to get people to hang around for a while, raiding is a long-haul commitment and many of those who paid lip-service to the ideal didn't live up to the commitment.

It is fair to say that if we'd just used an open recruiting policy to pump up numbers from the greater server population we might have been able to buffer this, but I never had the ambition to help run a guild of random people I'd never spoken to and had no reason to trust. Unfortunately, we had standards for recruiting and weren't guaranteeing raid slots to new recruits the way they demanded, so the number of people who made it through the application process was low, and those people invariably turned out to be even less reliable than the ones we already had.

Ari and I have both participated in WoW endgame raiding at length in previous expansions, so we've danced the dance a fair few times now. It has only pushed us in the direction of small group content with a few players we can trust to show up when they say they will and who feel sufficiently invested in their own reputations as gamers to better their performance day by day rather than count on a free ride.

As we have discussed at nauseating length on No Excuses, our current MMO flavour of the month is The Secret World, a game which has its maddening points but is also richly intellectually rewarding in many ways. Various members of the community are chugging along at a variety of rates at the moment, including:
Myself
Aristile
Pym
Fernurion
Baronofbeefdip
Octale (I think?)
Red Dog Dragon (presuming you continued to play after beating the Name Selection boss)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 05:43:24 PM by Vaulisel »

Red Dog Dragon

• Baron
  • Pink Pony is Best Pony
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2013, 06:41:56 PM »

Red Dog Dragon (presuming you continued to play after beating the Name Selection boss)
Hardest. Boss. EVAR.

Ebion

• The Cruelest Creature on the Planet
  • Baron
  • Snooze
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2013, 04:10:35 AM »

This is the game I'd like to play. Unfortunately, it dead.
Been playing TSW though, we got doods playing. Hell I even saw baron online.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=u55vHURPQSw#t=830s[/youtube]

13:50
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 04:12:12 AM by Ebion »

Vaulisel

• Baron
  • Fashionista
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2013, 02:33:37 AM »

This weekend is a "Golden Weekend" in The Secret World which offers double AP (amongst other things) from Friday through Sunday. A great chance to get your horizontal progression moving.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 05:21:21 AM by Vaulisel »